Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
1000010380.jpg

Towed the tractor 120-130 miles, and then spent the week digging trenches, running various power tools, and taking many meetings (with the AC on!--100+ degrees outside) in the truck. Just about the perfect work truck.
Back it up, weigh it, hitch it, and guide it — whatever it is — the Tow Technology Package of the F-150 Lightning makes it easier than ever! We love to see it in action!

Sponsored

MTcowpoke

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Many diesels and a Lightning
Occupation
Rancher
Our small town had a car show on the 4th and I decided to introduce some of the Lightning's interesting capabilities to the crowd. I filled the lower compartment of the frunk with Otter Pops and set up a welding table with welder, grinder and air compressor in the back. I brought my other two cars, the Corvette and Galaxie and put a 0-60 and 1/4 mile time chart out to show how fast the Lightning is (like 2.5 seconds faster than the Corvette in 0-60). It got quite a bit of attention and really no negative responses. Since we are an ag based area a lot of younger people weld and they thought that was really cool. All and all it was a great day with a lot of friendly people.

P.S. It took me three wash sessions over 2 days to get all the ranch crud off the Lightning. :)
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Post Yours! 📸 IMG_1822
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Post Yours! 📸 IMG_1825
Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Post Yours! 📸 IMG_1824

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Our small town had a car show on the 4th and I decided to introduce some of the Lightning's interesting capabilities to the crowd. I filled the lower compartment of the frunk with Otter Pops and set up a welding table with welder, grinder and air compressor in the back. I brought my other two cars, the Corvette and Galaxie and put a 0-60 and 1/4 mile time chart out to show how fast the Lightning is (like 2.5 seconds faster than the Corvette in 0-60). It got quite a bit of attention and really no negative responses. Since we are an ag based area a lot of younger people weld and they thought that was really cool. All and all it was a great day with a lot of friendly people.

P.S. It took me three wash sessions over 2 days to get all the ranch crud off the Lightning. :)
IMG_1822.jpg
IMG_1825.jpg
IMG_1824.jpg
Great photos! Thanks for sharing, we hope you enjoyed your holiday!

Phineas Magliozzi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT, optionless.
Soooo the California Vehicle Code, as I understand it, says you can have loads extend no further than 2/3rds your wheelbase length beyond the vehicle, or in our case about 97". The kayaks are 14'- 10". As long as the "vehicle" includes the tailgate in the down position, I'm good, I think.

Ford F-150 Lightning Pics of Lightning Trucks Doing Truck Things. Post Yours! 📸 1720194263562-04

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Soooo the California Vehicle Code, as I understand it, says you can have loads extend no further than 2/3rds your wheelbase length beyond the vehicle, or in our case about 97". The kayaks are 14'- 10". As long as the "vehicle" includes the tailgate in the down position, I'm good, I think.

1720194263562-04.png
We have no opinion on that, but we do have opinions on just how stunning that F-150 Lightning is! Wow!

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
That's awesome, Victor! We love to see the F-150 Lightning's Pro Power Onboard system in action. We'd love to let you know about all the other features and systems on your F-150 Lightning that you may not be aware of with a guided virtual tour. Please send us a DM if you're interested.

joelb1

First Name
joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Sierra SLT

IMG_1822.jpg
IMG_1825.jpg
IMG_1824.jpg
What a great idea!
A creative, fun and interactive way to show off the capabilities of the Lightning at a car show.
Love the 'Vette and the Galaxy too, Really Nice Cars!
Sponsored