Sponsored

Power off nanny.

jefro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, Corvette, Bolt EV,
I read where there is a portion of the bill that states that all new cars have to have a nanny and will power down vehicle if driver impaired.

I usually dodge drivers on cell phones all day and have had some near misses with drunks. Twice driving wrong way on interstate. Not sure if that will be a blessing or curse to try to keep grandma from driving.
Sponsored

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
I read where there is a portion of the bill that states that all new cars have to have a nanny and will power down vehicle if driver impaired.

I usually dodge drivers on cell phones all day and have had some near misses with drunks. Twice driving wrong way on interstate. Not sure if that will be a blessing or curse to try to keep grandma from driving.
No big deal. likely this will likely use lane keep assist. Toyota already tells you if you keep drifting out of lane. They warn you but it is only triggered a very large amount of drifts/returns in a small window. They can triple the allowed count and still pick up the major drunks(that you see in youtube videos) and not pick up anyone else.

if they warn you at 50% and 75% it would be next to impossible to get caught up in this unless impaired.

Also this wouldn't be until 2026 as earliest so plenty time to sort out tech and for ford to open order window

Krackla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep

Losi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chrysler Town and Country

stay safe out there. The cell phone thing is potentially just as dangerous. I saw a dude just the other day in rush hour traffic doing what looked like FaceTiming someone and I just shook my head. If there’s a way to discourage cell phone use while driving, count me in.
Sponsored

Last edited: