• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Power-Up 4.2.1.1 - Some Good Stuff Here

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
The message says to tap here to see what all is new but when i opened it, it doesn't tell me what it added. I came here and searched "4.2.1.1" but no results.

Did anyone else get this update and what all does it include?

Thanks
Sponsored

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Same.

I can not find specific info on what the changes/upgrades were.

I received the 4.2.1.1 update also. I could not find any specific information either. I almost immediately received a message that I would be getting the 4.2.1.2 Power-Up update. No info on that either.

OK. I was starting to think it was just me. Are we the only three that got these messages? Feel free to chime in guys.

Sponsored

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
OK. I was starting to think it was just me. Are we the only three that got these messages? Feel free to chime in guys.
I got the message on FordPass but thought the "explanation" was rather light on substance.

@Ford Motor Company I'm still waiting for the OTA update for my Focus Electric that lost its Value Charging and Go Times in March 2022 when I paid $400 to upgrade its modem. Dealerships have no idea about this issue, and have done little more than check the Sync version (which has nothing to do with the problem, as I've recently heard it's the TCU that needs updating).

I'm hoping this treatment of FFE owners is not foreshadowing what Lightning owners can expect a few years down the line.

Last edited:

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
So for these mysterious PowerUps, there are a couple of things you can do to figure it out. First of all, as a general rule (that seems to have held true so far), a four-digit PowerUp number on a '23 Lightning generally means it's the same version of a previous (three-digit) PowerUp that the '22 models got, but it's been re-released specifically for '23 models. It's so they can catch the '23 models up and eventually all the trucks will be on the same software branches.

The second thing is you can call your service advisor and ask them to check your OTA dashboard and tell you what module(s) it says were updated. It's right there on their screen. Or if you know somebody on this forum who has access to PTS you can DM them (no, I don't have access).

If I was to guess, I would say that the 4.2.1.1 was a GWM (gateway) update.

Ekiehn

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning
I think this is right on target... my 23 lightning got this a couple months ago, shortly thereafter I got more updates then a pause then I seemed to get everything one after the next till I seem to be all caught up and updated regularly when something is released....

I am hoping once they get everyone caught up we will see a flurry of enhancements... makes sense that Ford would want to get the systems all updated to the same level before pushing out more changes... at least that's what we do when updating mass numbers of computers in our businesa...

2sleep

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue, 2008 Prius
Occupation
Retired
I too got this update. Very weird that it says that there is some really good stuff in here. Like eating cherry pie and finding there was chopped liver mixed in with it.

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I got 4.1.1 on Jan 20th
4.2.1 on March 14th,
another one on April 21 but I can’t see what it was.
and 4.3.2.1 on June 8th.

I have a 23 pro.

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lightning Platinum
I've had my 23' Plat for just over a month. I got this message on 6/9 and thought it was odd because there are features in newer version notes that I had in my system from delivery. I think the previous comment about getting all modules updated and caught up makes sense. On 6/12, I got the message and update for 4.2.1.2. I found the below link as a reference point and it's interesting that the 4.2.1.2 was originally released for Mach-E.

https://tonesto7.github.io/ford-pwr-up-info/

OP
OP
Lightning Rod

Lightning Rod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
CNC PROGRAMMER/MACHINIST
Got this message this morning on my '23 pro. First update I have ever seen pop up in the app.

I've had my Lariat ER for 7 weeks and that was also my first ever update (and still no explanation what the update consists of). :unsure:

Last edited: