Pro Power Onboard Reserve Setting can not set

KennebecMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Hello, I get many warnings my vehicle range is below the my pro power reserve settings. First, I can not figure out how to reduce the setting and does anyone know how to have the pro power to not turn on by default when the truck is started? I've look in the manual and found no answer.

My Lightning is a great truck and in 2 months my truck looks like a work truck. Dirty and stuff everywhere with diesel fuel cans and hand tools in the bed. Thank goodness my other half bought me seat covers. I get in it hot, sweaty and dirty and enjoy my ride home everyday. Being a work truck I'll never charge away from home and based on what I've read I'm lucky. I just wish Ford would pay more attention to the many little things that could put this truck over the top.
Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
It's all there in the settings for propower.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
... does anyone know how to have the pro power to not turn on by default when the truck is started?...
I'm not sure I know what you 'mean' by 'default'...
: the Cab/Frunk inverter is typically ALWAYS on with the truck, unless you specifically turn OFF ProPower or press the cab/frunk section to OFF.
: the BED inverter is NOT always on, unless you TURN IT ON, either via the screen, on the GREEN button in the bed, itself.
....or, if you have something PLUGGED into a bed outlet, you will/should always get the 'alert' on the driver screen, inhibiting you from putting the truck into GEAR, until you acknowledge it, AND then the middle screen will ask you if you WANT to continue to provide power to those outlets.

Sometimes these things can be annoying, but I suppose there are reasons for each.

If you want ProPower to NEVER be on, automatically, for ANY outlets, I'm not sure how you can manage that within settings, as the cab/frunk outlets are, by default, 'always' ON.

As for the setting as to 'when' the ProPower will automatically SHUT DOWN due to low battery, that is found within your ProPower settings, on the center/middle screen. You are also telling it the MILES left in the tank, NOT a Battery Percentage. Mine is set for the MINIMUM, which is 10 miles, and that's always worked perfectly fine for me. I suppose some might set it higher, just in case they want to always make sure they have enough MILES to get to a charger!

: ) FUN.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Got this message several days ago when I was trying to change/reduce my pro power settings.
It did not happen again…yet…after fully charging overnight from 17% to 100% for a road trip.
Never seen this message before, has anyone else seen this before on there trucks..??

Ford F-150 Lightning Pro Power Onboard Reserve Setting can not set IMG_2498

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Got this message several days ago when I was trying to change/reduce my pro power settings.
It did not happen again…yet…after fully charging overnight from 17% to 100% for a road trip.
Never seen this message before, has anyone else seen this before on there trucks..??

IMG_2498.jpeg
Possible aberration, test the system to confirm power output.

The following thread, was dealing with other matters, but a few reports of the same message.

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/pro-power-problem.16676/#post-335779

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
I've seen these type of 'alerts' several times over the last almost 2 years, and don't pay attention to any of them. They go away on their own. Do not rush to any dealer. They don't know how to help, anyway. Most of these alerts are like the 'dummy lights' on gas cars, where you forgot to twist the gas cap 'exactly' three ticks... the 'engine light' does not mean the engine is failing.

ScubaSteve_TheReal

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum - Carbonized Gray Metallic
Occupation
Derivatives
Thanks I’ll read other thread and take this with a grain of salt for time being until a true failure or something that can be replicated to be fixed.
Idiot lights lol 😂 yes I remember those days….
Looks like those days are coming back again.
Sponsored