Sponsored

kevojack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Installed raptor-style grill and the mesh insert in front of empty lower section. What a difference. Will probably keep it unbadged instead of installing the FORD lettering. Will install front camera once bracket arrives. Best $350 I’ve spent on this truck and such a massive difference in appearance. Subtle but aggressive. I love it. And at night… sheesh.

Ford F-150 Lightning Raptor Style Grill & Lights Swap + Lower Grill Insert IMG_0143

Ford F-150 Lightning Raptor Style Grill & Lights Swap + Lower Grill Insert IMG_0150
Sponsored

KennebecMark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Very Cool. I have an issue with many grills and even though I like my Lightning, I don't like what is suppose to look like a grill. Where did you get it and how was the job to replace it?

OP
OP

kevojack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Very Cool. I have an issue with many grills and even though I like my Lightning, I don't like what is suppose to look like a grill. Where did you get it and how was the job to replace it?
search eBay for “2023 ford lightning grill” and there are a lot of vendors. I just picked one that had high rating and was responsive. The grill swap itself it easy to install. The wiring itself is also easy but getting the right fuse is a bit tricky. I haven’t installed the front camera yet which requires a Dremel and some patience. Overall I’d say if you’re moderately handy it’s very doable.

FordTough98198

First Name
Domenic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Business Consultant
Someone in this forum posted a full write up with pictures of installing it and the camera. Search for that and you can get a sense of the level of work/skill needed.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Installed raptor-style grill and the mesh insert in front of empty lower section. What a difference. Will probably keep it unbadged instead of installing the FORD lettering. Will install front camera once bracket arrives. Best $350 I’ve spent on this truck and such a massive difference in appearance. Subtle but aggressive. I love it. And at night… sheesh.

IMG_0143.jpeg

IMG_0150.jpeg
Looks fantastic! We love to see the customization for a stunning F-150 Lightning!

Sponsored
OP
OP

kevojack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Update for anybody struggling with fuse tap: use fuse 190. It’s a 5a fuse that is a spare/unused. Powers on and off with truck power.

Sponsored

ebanks

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lightning, 2024 Lotus Emira FE

IMG_0143.jpeg

IMG_0150.jpeg
Looks amazing. I just did mine but used blue lights instead of amber. I was on the fence about installing the FORD letters but went ahead. I like the way it looks!

Ford F-150 Lightning Raptor Style Grill & Lights Swap + Lower Grill Insert Screenshot 2024-07-09 171839

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Looks amazing. I just did mine but used blue lights instead of amber. I was on the fence about installing the FORD letters but went ahead. I like the way it looks!

Screenshot 2024-07-09 171839.png
Love the blue lights! Thanks for sharing, Eric! 🤩

captcory

First Name
cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 FORD Lightning PRO, honda pilot

Screenshot 2024-07-09 171839.png
Can't do blue or red lights here in Florida unless you're law enforcement.