• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Occupation
Admin

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Yep, they're tracking us and saving the data to compare to other holidays. They'll say it's anonymized but still creepy. And if you opt out you get no service.

jefrank

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2004 BMW 330Ci
Yep, they're tracking us and saving the data to compare to other holidays. They'll say it's anonymized but still creepy. And if you opt out you get no service.
No worries, when the trial expires, they won't be getting any more data anyway. Not at $900/year or whatever astronomical figure they came up with.

subseavet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
Occupation
R&D Engineer
I have no issues with being tracked or sharing my data with Ford. Especially if it makes these features better and safer. You share your location data so many times a day whether you know it or not via your IP address when you login or use your home computer, via your phone, your credit card, automated license plate reading cameras, toll roads, and the most grows by the day. The truth is we give blanket consent for this information to be collected and sold just by using any of these things (it's in the 800 page terms and conditions, user agreements, etc.) that we sign with our banks, ISP's, app developers, phone companies, etc. Not sharing this data with Ford isn't going to prevent you from being tracked by others. But it will prevent Ford engineers from having the information they need to make BlueCruise and other driving safety aids better. I'm not suggesting people should change their minds and give more data away. But I do think people need to be mindful when using that as the reason to opt out of data sharing in this case.
Sponsored