• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Removing Decals

EonLightning

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning 2022 Black Lariat
Occupation
GC
Has anyone removed the lighting and flag decals yet? If so, was it fishing line and a heat gun?

Thanks!
Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Has anyone removed the lighting and flag decals yet? If so, was it fishing line and a heat gun?

Thanks!
I think most Lightning owners (the few and the proud) want those decals. I donā€™t think any have tried to remove them.

theblunden

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
I think most Lightning owners (the few and the proud) want those decals. I donā€™t think any have tried to remove them.
I'm either doing plasti-dip or removing them day one with some fishing line haven't decided yet (haven't even ordered mine yet lol) I will be keeping the flag on the tailgate though

OP
OP

EonLightning

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GC
I had to get my Tacoma repaired and they offered to leave the decals off. I was surprised they even asked but when I saw it without it was a no brainer.
Will be doing the same with the lightning. Looking to keep the truck as low profile as possible.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
Don't have the truck yet but I plan to remove my Lightning text. I may leave the flag as its subtle. Just never liked over badging and would rather no one notice the truck at all.

Hoping to get myself some oem ice F150 18" rims as well. Can't do much about the front light bar though.

Sponsored

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Don't have the truck yet but I plan to remove my Lightning text. I may leave the flag as its subtle. Just never liked over badging and would rather no one notice the truck at all.

Hoping to get myself some oem ice F150 18" rims as well. Can't do much about the front light bar though.
You could swap my Pro grill! šŸ˜†

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
If I had a Pro, removing the badges would be much more enticing. Having a Stealth Lightning would be great, if you don't want to deal with the thousands of questions in parking lots. I was stopped twice last week with people asking about my Tesla, and it's basically old news at this point.

For any higher trim, especially Lariat and Platinum, the appeal is less. Even with the badges removed, it's pretty clearly a Lightning.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
You could swap my Pro grill! šŸ˜†
I don't hate that idea, but I think I'd want to see the pro grill in person first. I do kind of like the grey textured grill even though the light bar isn't doing much for me. I would certainly consider swapping for the 18" pro wheels. My only hesitation on the wheels though is that I hate it when the tire sticker in the door doesn't match what's actually on the truck.

OP
OP

EonLightning

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
GC
Yeah, I definitely would prefer not to have the attention as well as the cleaner look. The small ford badge looks to be sent into an indentions but everything else is going to go.
I'm also curious about how much light you get from the front light bar. My truck is black so I'd like to tint that if possible. šŸ¤·šŸ¼ā€ā™‚ļø

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
I don't hate that idea, but I think I'd want to see the pro grill in person first. I do kind of like the grey textured grill even though the light bar isn't doing much for me. I would certainly consider swapping for the 18" pro wheels. My only hesitation on the wheels though is that I hate it when the tire sticker in the door doesn't match what's actually on the truck.
Iā€™ll do both! One stop swap lol. I understand about the truck info matching what you have on it though. Iā€™m pretty sure Iā€™ll be going with the 2ā€ leveling kit and 34ā€ tires at some point though since I donā€™t need the max range very often so it wonā€™t match anyway ha.

Sponsored

broncoaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Bronco 2 door Badlands manual
Iā€™ll leave the badging on mine more than likely, but I am considering having the black bumpers on my Pro painted to match the AMB.

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning Platinum, ā€˜21 Aviator, ā€˜23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
The front light bar just makes think of a fluorescent light bulb. Unfortunately during the day it can be hard to tell if itā€™s on. Iā€™m considering putting some headlight tint on it. Could see it at night but slightly less noticeable during the day.

Reactions: GDN

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ā€˜22 Lightning Platinum, ā€˜21 Aviator, ā€˜23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad

Thanks!
Yeah thatā€™d do it. I think I used some 3m adhesive remover on my last truck to help after their removal. Keeping them on my Lightning though.