• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Said goodbye for now to my Lighting project.....

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
I put in my Lightning reservation some 2 years ago -- for my brother and dad on our farm in western KS. Ended up taking delivery of a ER Lariat about 17 days ago. Drove it as much as possible for the time it was here in Kansas City. Where its headed, there are no dealers around. Since I ordered an XLT SR in March, I've been active here and looking forward to all things Lightning. Long story how I ended up with a Lariat ER, not relevant.

But its not what I need in KC, and said goodbye to it today. Wish I had someone take a picture of it full of pheasant hunters in KS this weekend. Lots of initial "I'll never drive a f'ing electric truck" to "gee its quiet and feels like a real truck". This is western KS where politics and all the rest are a little "different"....

Anyhow, feeling a little loss. Really nice truck fellas. Enjoy yours. I'll get to drive it when I am back home, but its not "mine" anymore. Hope they like it......
Sponsored

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning
Sorry to hear you had to move on from the Lightning.

I always play this song when I say goodbye to a vehicle, listening to it now for you!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Thanks for sharing your experiences with the Lightning, maybe someday you'll be back .... T3!!!

OP
OP

cdherman

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
RAV4 Prime, 2016 Leaf
Obviously I am hoping it will give them no trouble. My brother was having difficulty getting FordPass to recognize the truck, so I had to "delete" me as the owner (I never really planned to be the "owner" but since the truck was ordered under my Ford account, it was automatic it appears). Now I cannot see the charge status, or anything for that matter. Need to figure out how to have my brother add me as a user.

Ford dealer said to have him create a new Fordpass account and register for the "Ford Miles" or whatever they are. So I went along.

I can still spy on his charging via my Emporia app, so know they've figured out how to plug it in...... :) And it will likely be me that installs the Ford Pro Power Station too. It arrived about 5 days after I took delivery in KC, correctly to their address of record in middle of no-where Kansas.

We will need chargers at several locations eventually.

I am not a "truck" kind of guy, but it was fun having it for those days and its a real nice set of wheels. I have a rather coveted RAV4 Prime here in KC, but my DD is a pedestrian 2016 Leaf with an upgraded battery.. It gets 4.1 m/kwh. Hard to argue with that. And can fit in just about ANY parking space......

Out in western KS, the Lightning was just a hoot. Big and quiet at the same time. Which is great by me.
Sponsored