• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Second Mod: Weathertech Mudflaps

vorguy

First Name
Harry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lightning Lariat, '03 F-250 6.0, Tesla Model S
Occupation
Airport maintenance
Not sure why all trucks don't come with 'em. The instructions are pretty straightforward. I wasn't expecting the protective film between the fender and mudflap, but it was easy to install. Be sure not to remove the middle plastic fastener on the rear mudflap. I have pics of the plastic pieces and the holes they go into as well as the final installation. These look sharp and, like other Weathertech products, are well made.
Next on the list is a tonneau cover...

Ford F-150 Lightning Second Mod: Weathertech Mudflaps Front - Before

Ford F-150 Lightning Second Mod: Weathertech Mudflaps Front - Plastic Removed - Bottom

Ford F-150 Lightning Second Mod: Weathertech Mudflaps Front - Plastic Removed -To

Ford F-150 Lightning Second Mod: Weathertech Mudflaps Front After

Ford F-150 Lightning Second Mod: Weathertech Mudflaps Rear - After 1

Ford F-150 Lightning Second Mod: Weathertech Mudflaps Rear - Dont remove middle fastener

Ford F-150 Lightning Second Mod: Weathertech Mudflaps Rear After 2
Sponsored

N87

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 FL
Occupation
Engineer
These look nice. To each their own, though. I personally have never felt that they are needed and always removed mud flaps from every truck and SUV I owned. Tonneau cover on the other hand is a worthy investment, in my opinion.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Not sure why all trucks don't come with 'em.
Phoenix == No Rain == No Mud, I suppose I could as easily remove it as you added it. But if it saves Ford $20 and they sell 750k trucks a year (2023, all F series stats) then it's quite the cost savings for them, plus they get to overcharge people that want them.
Sponsored