• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Seriously considering not taking delivery

Should I take delivery?

• Total voters
OP
OP

attrezzo

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Occupation
Dude
I don't think Ford hit their 200K yet, so truly if we didn't have a NEW law, the old one would still very much be in effect and all trucks bought in the next 6 months would have still received the $7500.

So truly the rules changed and rug was pulled out from under many. If I was at the top of my budget at $80K and the price goes up and I have $7500 taken away, then is exceptionally prudent on the individual to know his/her limit and walk from it.

Why do you think so many are in trouble in this country? Very few respect their limits.
Well there is more to the story, just didn’t want to write an autobiography.

The short end of it is my wife is an ER doc.

I know the last few years have been hard for everybody but I imagine only those with spouses in ER or ICU had to worry about “aerosolizing procedures” and your pregnant wife, disposable n95s in take home doggie bags put into service for a week, or seriously deciding to bifurcate your house with plastic sheeting to make sure she could have plausible deniability if one of the rest of us got sick cause she went to work…

So there was a part of this in 2020 that was hope that when we accepted delivery we’d have something to celebrate other than just the end of the pandemic.

We needed something capable of towing 10k ~100mi one way 4X a year minimum. Originally that’s what pushed me into going all the way up to lariat. It was the only way to get there when I ordered.

The first strategy was to get the extended battery with tow package in the cheapest trim and keep it forever. (Autopilot is cool but I don’t think ford knows software well enough to pull that off. Frankly it’s the biggest risk of the project.)

When order time came we ended up having to pay more than we wanted but I saw the options plan as a way to wiggle out. The thought was, with the last 3 years the one thing wifey has is job security. There are certainly plenty of patients to see.

Then right before Christmas we learn her group’s contract is under review. The hospital big wigs heard from Bloomberg that there’s an “ER doc surplus” and figure they should be getting a better deal.

The thing is there’s a DR surplus compared to the number of ER positions open. Apparently patient need, wait times, and quality of work life aren’t considered in that algorithm.

After a few days of digging around or area there are plenty of other places hiring but the work is excruciatingly shitty. 24hr shifts, much less pay, etc.

I hear people “boo hoo you get paid so much deal with it” all the time. Yeah, pretty sure everyone has their limit. If you had to dress up in full ppe 10hrs a day doing shift work where every patient is hoping you miss something so they can sue. No sick time, no vacations, no holidays, No pee breaks, no lunch. The argue with literally every other dumbass Dr Google about vaccination or whether you know what you’re talking about you’d see how it’s too much.

She didn’t draw the line at that stuff. She drew it at 24hr shifts and dumping patients on her that should be in an ICU or somewhere else. Cause those are the things that get your license taken away when you screw up.

Anyway, I told her to leave that bullshit and let it burn. Which means an uncertain future and a paycut.

So as I was looking at delivery start in late December I knew this might be the last year we could claim it, but maybe, like others I talked to, we could do a lease, ask the dealer to put the 7500 credit they kept toward that, and put in enough of a down payment to get to the yearly mileage we’d want.

So when the 7500 was rug pulled at $80k I was scrambling to find a way to keep it and feel like it would be worth the stress of paying for it through this next phase of horseshit.

Ended up buying a Ram 1500 ecodiesel today.

maybe in 4 years :-/
Sponsored

Texas Dan

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'04 Envoy XL 4WD, '15 Fusion Energi, '19 Niro EV
Occupation
Engineer
Ended up buying a Ram 1500 ecodiesel today.

maybe in 4 years :-/
I’m sorry for your predicament and the choices you have had to make but I have to say that my life financially has gone in an entirely different direction over the last year and a half since I made the reservation. I originally made my Lightning reservation primarily as a protest against Tesla with no real idea how I would pay for it but I became very excited about the truck after I made the reservation. I have since received four pay raises and I’m now in a much better position financially to buy the truck.

For better or worse, it feels like I am meant to have this truck.

Jersey Devil

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 XL
Occupation
Truck Driver
Scheduled for build last year. Nicer lariat setup coming to ~$90k

Didn’t get “built/delivered” on time so missed the delivery estimate on the website.

Now the tax laws take effect… so bye bye $7500. That plus the no resale handcuffs have me thinking it might not be worth the risk.

Even $60k can buy a hell of a nice truck I can drive while I wait for some sanity to reenter the market.

Any current/previous owners out there that can a.) convince me I can resell the thing if I’m not happy with it. b.) That it’s not so much of a risk and worth the 1/3rd of a house I’m about to spend on it.
Idk what state you live in but most states offer rebates as well which you would probably qualify for-I would look into it before making a decision you WILL regret by not taking delivery

Commodore

First Name
Rory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GMC Sierra, XLT Lightning
Occupation
Pharmacist
I got mine on the 2nd. Avalanche XLT, max tow, 9.6Kw, step.

If my money doesn't get better soon I'd consider selling at a small profit, say@$75K

Funny thing, I have a patent on halting aging that's going nowhere!

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Scheduled for build last year. Nicer lariat setup coming to ~$90k

Didn’t get “built/delivered” on time so missed the delivery estimate on the website.

Now the tax laws take effect… so bye bye $7500. That plus the no resale handcuffs have me thinking it might not be worth the risk.

Even $60k can buy a hell of a nice truck I can drive while I wait for some sanity to reenter the market.

Any current/previous owners out there that can a.) convince me I can resell the thing if I’m not happy with it. b.) That it’s not so much of a risk and worth the 1/3rd of a house I’m about to spend on it.
I've had a Lariat since June. Best vehicle I've EVER owned. I LOVE driving this truck. Buy it!!!!
Sponsored