• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Slow charge at fast charger

sd25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Acura MDX, F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Rivian R1T
@Lightning105, I was seeing something similar. Turned out to be a refrigerant leak in the AC system that keeps the battery cool - I have the Max Tow package with the separate cooling system.

I don't fast charge often, but recently noticed that in 90F and above weather, when fast charging the truck (at 20% SoC) would start charging at 165kW but would very quickly drop to 100kW and then down to 40kW long before the 80% SoC drop. At the end of the charging session (65% SoC) I saw that the Battery Temp gauge was reading high.

I also noticed that the fans were not going into "jet engine" mode when fast charging like they used to. Earlier, when fast charging on hot days you could really hear the fans going and could feel the air being sucked in at the front of the truck.

Shared my observations with the dealer and they diagnosed it as a leak in the AC line that cools the battery.

Haven't had the opportunity to fast charge it since the repair, but will try it soon.
Sponsored

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Yup, more reason to never buy this truck to tow if you have a SO that isn't happy about the extra effort. I'd switch to ICE and avoid SO issues.

I do wonder if Tesla stations are better with liquid cool lines?