• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Snow cover recommendations?

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
For those with Lightnings and get snow, have you used a snow cover for windshields etc? I see several on amazon but who has one that fits the mirrors nicely and stays on?
We typically get wet, heavy snow that is hard to remove and rarely can be blown or swept off..Without the engine heating the hood, I hope to cover it over and just deal with cover removal and storage this winter. TIA!
Sponsored

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Mercury Marauder; 2023 Lightning XLT SR
Occupation
Geek
For those with Lightnings and get snow, have you used a snow cover for windshields etc? I see several on amazon but who has one that fits the mirrors nicely and stays on?
We typically get wet, heavy snow that is hard to remove and rarely can be blown or swept off..Without the engine heating the hood, I hope to cover it over and just deal with cover removal and storage this winter. TIA!
I have not tried any sort of cover but had good luck with a good (telescoping) brush last winter. I didn't find that I missed the "heated hood" of an ICE truck at all.

OP
OP
Madasahatter1138

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
Thanks for the feedback!

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
I never thought about the heated hood effect..

But how much does that help beyind just defrost? When I used to live in a cold climate I'd just remote start it at least once or 2x in the winter (when needed) before going outside. That made removal rather easy

OP
OP
Madasahatter1138

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
I never thought about the heated hood effect..

But how much does that help beyind just defrost? When I used to live in a cold climate I'd just remote start it at least once or 2x in the winter (when needed) before going outside. That made removal rather easy
A snow cover works great, have used one for years and you don't have to worry about getting heavy, packed snow out the wiper areas etc, they slide off and everything is pristine They need to fit properly though, or they can slide off which negates the whole point, so that was my question, who has one that fits well.
Sponsored