• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Driving in snow?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I feel like none of that is true. I had a model 3 and when I got it there wasn’t even an option for 1-pedal drive…yes you can turn it off. Second, 1-pedal is better for snow. We don’t get much in the south, but I drove mine with summer tires on snow and was fine.
You may feel that way, but controlling braking with the brake pedal is instinctive for people. Many recommend turning off 1 pedal.

As to driving in snow with summer tires, true summer tires like the Pirelli's that come on the Mach-E GTPE should not be driven in temps below 45, forget snow. Rubber gets brittle, cracks, chunks can rip out.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Normal, turn off one pedal drive. Teslas end up in the ditch because the tendency is to lift off the gas when things start getting hairy, which is why you see so many teslas in the ditch during a good snowstorm. One pedal drive cannot be disabled in a tesla... they're too cheap to come up with a blended braking solution and they're still trying to work out things like panel gaps.
You see so many Teslas in the ditch mostly because Tesla owners don't drive well. :rolleyes: :)

Relative got hit by a Tesla in a parking lot recently. Pulled in, backed out right into relative, then floored it after hitting them due to pushing on the 1 pedal... Totaled the relative's car.

Last edited:

Mmiketa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
You may feel that way, but controlling braking with the brake pedal is instinctive for people. Many recommend turning off 1 pedal.

As to driving in snow with summer tires, true summer tires like the Pirelli's that come on the Mach-E GTPE should not be driven in temps below 45, forget snow. Rubber gets brittle, cracks, chunks can rip out.
I don’t disagree with you, but we don’t see 45 and under super often so I took the risky choice. Glad I don’t have to worry about that anymore though.

Before I got my first EV I only drove manual vehicles and if it snowed I slowed down with engine braking to help prevent sliding. I think that’s why I prefer 1-pedal and feel more in control with it.
Sponsored