• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
I received my Starlink mini and first thing I had to do was test it inside the truck. Works perfect. I farm in areas with no cellular coverage and the mini is awesome. Much easier to transport.

Ford F-150 Lightning Starlink Mini placement & speed test inside F-150 Lightning IMG_7948
Ford F-150 Lightning Starlink Mini placement & speed test inside F-150 Lightning IMG_7951
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023 Mach-E GT-PE
That actually has a smaller footprint than I thought it did. Mine was delivered last week but I won't see it until I get home in a couple of days. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I love me some Starlink....I live out in the county myself. No cable, no BellSouth, just Starlink and two bars of cell coverage.

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
That actually has a smaller footprint than I thought it did. Mine was delivered last week but I won't see it until I get home in a couple of days. Thanks for sharing the pics.

I love me some Starlink....I live out in the county myself. No cable, no BellSouth, just Starlink and two bars of cell coverage.
The footprint is awesome, I'm just working on a more portable power supply. Not that it's a problem in the Lightning 😁.

roddiaz1

First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER Carbonized Grey
Do you get good signal through the windshield? I would have thought you needed more overhead exposure.
Please elaborate how you orient the "receiver".
Thanks!

Sponsored

mattskr

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Platinum Iconic Silver
Are you planning on installing it externally or does it work well enough just sitting on the console? I'd be curious to see how it could be mounted. It looks like you have the sunroof but looks closed in the pic?

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Do you get good signal through the windshield? I would have thought you needed more overhead exposure.
Please elaborate how you orient the "receiver".
Thanks!
I got great reception through the closed sunroof. There's an orientation utility in the app (I'll grab a screen shot) that makes orientation very easy.

OP
OP
Avocadodude

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Are you planning on installing it externally or does it work well enough just sitting on the console? I'd be curious to see how it could be mounted. It looks like you have the sunroof but looks closed in the pic?
It was "looking" through the closed sunroof. I'm still deciding if I want to mount it. Unlike the larger receiver that auto orients, you need to to orient this one. I need to test out some mobility scenarios. Right now I'm just happy to have connectivity in my wireless void.