• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Summer is right around the corner and as I am making plans for travel this Summer to Florida, Atlanta, Colorado and California.

I realized how much more comfortable I am traveling across the nation thanks to driver assist technologies and Tesla Supercharging network being available recently.

Currently I have the following items I always carry with me. Tesla A2Z Typhoon Level 3 DCFC adapter, Tesla Level 2 Destination adapter (Hotels / Shopping Centers / Parking Lots), Portable charger and RV Park / Camping ground adapter. For the Level 2 adapter you will want to dial down the amperage to 80% of the breaker you are currently using by code.

I have also shared the tools like ABRP, Plugshare and Tesla Find US that I use to plan my road trips so I am familiar with the best / reliable chargers are and try to plan out my stops for food / restroom / hotels where a charging station is also located. I like to multitask where I can and save time. As they always say Proper Planning and Preparation Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

Feel free to use the below links or discount code "FORD" to save on products sold on A2Z website.

A2Z Typhoon Pro Tesla Supercharger Adapter coming soon - July 15 estimate

TYPHOON PRO | NACS DC CHARGERS to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V | DC | 12 Months Warranty

A2Z EV Tesla Supercharger Adapter for Ford - Save 10% + FREE shipping with discount code "FORD". 12 Months Warranty

A2Z EV Tesla To J1772 adapter (Tesla Destination Charger for Hotels / Shopping centers) | Up to 80A | 20kW | 12 Months Warranty

J+ BOOSTER 2 Bundle Set Heavy Duty TOUGH Portable Level 2 EV charger | 25ft - Waterproof & dirtproof (IP67), 240 volt electric vehicle (EV) charging station with flexible amperage settings up to 40 amps

Both the MME and the Lightning limit 120V charging to 12A. The TT-30P should be used for trickle charging at campgrounds to maintain charge.

Camping Ground / RV Park Adapter - Parkworld 885378 EV Adapter Cord NEMA TT-30P to 14-50R (ONLY for EV or Tesla use, NOT for RV) (1.5FT)

This post and future posts may contain links to affiliate website, and we may receive a commission for any purchase made by you on the affiliate website. Our affiliates include GoAFFpro and Shareasale.

You can use Plugshare to map out CCS charging stations along your route and also use Tesla Find Us to locate Magicdock chargers which have built in adapter to go from NACS to CCS / Tesla Superchargers which require Level 3 DCFC NACS to CCS adapters like A2Z Typhoon.

If you need one ASAP you can always order the A2Z Typhoon Level 3 DCFC adapter using the forum discount code "FORD", one of the most popular adapters currently being used by F-150 lightning owners, Mustang Mach-E owners and Rivian owners.

In addition, you can save further by purchasing a level 2 adapter bundle using the drop down options as well. This adapter is used with Tesla destination chargers commonly found at hotels / shopping center / parking lots.

The level 2 Stellar adapter will pay for it self overtime by avoiding an expensive fast charge on the road every night while you sleep at the hotel with Tesla destination charging.

You can use the same Tesla Find Us link to locate Tesla Level 2 destination chargers.

Finally I love to use ABRP to plan out my trips in detail.

Good luck on your planning and have a blast on your road-trip.

Hope that helps you with your Summer road-trip planning.

You can get the below on your desktop or download the App on your phone.

I hope everyone will share pictures of their summer road trip travel where you create precious memories with your family, friends and pets.

Feel free to share even pictures as simple as your vehicle charging at a Tesla station while you let your dog out for a walk or as fancy as taking a professional picture of your Lightning using Niagara Falls as a backdrop ;).

https://www.plugshare.com/

Tesla Find Us Superchargers available with adapter / Magicdock location Chargers

https://abetterrouteplanner.com/

A2Z Typhoon Pro Tesla Supercharger Adapter coming soon - July 12 estimate

TYPHOON PRO | NACS DC CHARGERS to CCS1 Adapter | 500A | 1000V | DC | 12 Months Warranty

1719955616318-br-png.png

1719955623788-86-png.png

1719955609307-ct-png.png

1719955631798-c0-png.png

image0 (5).jpeg

IMG_1660.jpeg

IMG_1659.jpeg

IMG_1658.jpeg

Stellar.JPG

RV Park.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

ARSPORTSMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 LIGHTNING
will the typhoon adapter work for non supercharger Tesla chargers? Just trying to determine why you would need the additional adapter.

OP
OP
Madtroniks

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
will the typhoon adapter work for non supercharger Tesla chargers? Just trying to determine why you would need the additional adapter.
The Typhoon adapter is compatible with third party NACS DCFC and compatible Tesla Superchargers which are available to CCS vehicles with adapter.

Typically folks who don’t have an OEM Tesla adapter currently are the ones who are ordering the Typhoon adapter today and planning to use it as a backup when their Ford order arrives.

Let me know if that answers your question.

ARSPORTSMAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 LIGHTNING
I guess that’s my question, is it only compatible with dcfc or could you use the typhoon with a Tesla mobile charger as well?

OP
OP
Madtroniks

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
I guess that’s my question, is it only compatible with dcfc or could you use the typhoon with a Tesla mobile charger as well?
Got it, thanks.

Typhoon is DC only for superchargers level 3 charging.

Stellar is AC level 2 only for Tesla Destination chargers which are found at Hotel / airbnb, shopping centers and parking lot. You can also use it with Tesla home chargers level 2.

I carry both.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Madtroniks

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
Something like a portable power station which can put out 30 amps and be charged at an EV charging station?

https://us.ecoflow.com/products/delta-pro-portable-power-station?variant=40516140138569

1716821467069-3m.png

1716821567613-ci.png
If anyone starts getting bright ideas about using these Ecoflows for range extension, the $4k one only holds 6.5 kWh, and it's going to deliver less than that to the truck due to losses during the charging process. On a road trip this might make the difference between getting to the charger and having a bunch of CoEds help you push your truck the last few feet (IYKYK), but overall they're an expensive hassle of a Jerry can for a random extra 12ish miles.

OP
OP
Madtroniks

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
OP
OP
Madtroniks

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
The A2Z Adapter Bundle made my road-trip a breeze this weekend. 600 miles roundtrip and I didn't even notice the time spent charging. Literally I was multitasking and the car was ready before I was ready to head back on the road.

I was able to successfully use the A2Z Tesla Typhoon Supercharger adapter this weekend on my Rivian at Buc-ee's.

I saved money by using the Tesla Membership pricing and also saved time by having over 40 chargers to chose from that all worked without skipping a beat.

I was able to pull down 210 kW which is pretty much the max supported by Rivian. The adapter had no issues and did not have any sort of throttling or derating issues in Texas heat.

On top of that I got a free charge of 50 kWh at the hotel using the A2Z Stellar Tesla Destination charger plug. This adapter literally will pay for itself while charging for free on the go at hotels, parking lots, shopping centers and Tesla supported Airbnb.

While all the CCS chargers were filled up, I was able to use the 2 hidden Tesla chargers from Valet at no cost even when I did the self-parking option.

The General Manager at the JW Marriott went above and beyond by letting me use the private Tesla stations for Valet all weekend.

It’s compact, has a built in key lock , good customer service and warranty, it’s overbuilt like my Rivian to handle 20 kW aka future proofing.

Instead of charging at a DCFC location to get to 95%-100% state of charge for my return trip, I can just use the free Tesla destination charger at the hotel and save $15-$30. I also avoid the J-1772 charger @ 6 kw and instead get 8.9 kW with Tesla. Nice to have options.

As soon as you plug in the adapter and attach it to the car it will throw a red warning light. It takes like 10 seconds to start. I think it’s going from Tesla to J-1772 charging mode.

I was able to avoid paying for 50 kWh of power on the road and have a full charge before I head out thanks to the A2Z Stellar Tesla to J-1772 adapter.

With the built in lock, I didn’t have to worry about anyone removing my adapter or disconnecting my session.

Next month I’ll be doing the same thing for one week and avoid charging at a paid location.

The Stellar AC Tesla to J-1772 Destination adapter is out of stock right now but you should put this on your list of items to have with you at all times.

The Typhoon Tesla DCFC supercharger adapter is in stock right now.

Feel free to use the forum discount code “FORD” to save $$$ once it’s back in stock.

A2Z EV Tesla Supercharger Adapter for Ford - Save 10% + FREE shipping with discount code "FORD". 12 Months Warranty

A2Z EV Tesla To J1772 adapter (Tesla Destination Charger for Hotels / Shopping centers) | Up to 80A | 20kW | 12 Months Warranty

IMG_2929.png
IMG_2935.jpeg
IMG_2930.png
IMG_2925.jpeg
IMG_3009.jpeg
IMG_3011.jpeg
IMG_3012.jpeg
IMG_3005.jpeg
IMG_3001.jpeg
IMG_3008.jpeg
1718476339969-7f.png
IMG_3002.jpeg
IMG_3006.jpeg
1718476329632-z1.png
IMG_2999.jpeg
1718476310879-p5.png
1718628170496-0l.png
1718628157036-xd.png
1718628141955-sw.png

IMG_3293.png

IMG_3341.jpeg

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
Madtroniks

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
OP
OP
Madtroniks

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
OP
OP
Madtroniks

Madtroniks

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Looks like the pro version is now available for ordering.

Forum discount code "FORD" works on the new Typhoon pro adapter and free shipping stacks as well.

You can bundle the A2Z Stellar AC Tesla to J-1772 adapter for Hotel Destination charger for $68 additional after discount by using the drop down on the Typhoon Pro page to get both adapters.

I will order one now and make a review post once I get it.

1720305019662-kw.png
Sponsored

Last edited: