• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Thinking about upgrading to ER…

Nikos

First Name
Nicholas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning
Occupation
Aircraft Mechanic
Having had my SR Pro for two years now (and loving it!), I’m thinking about upgrading to an ER for an improved road tripping experience.

Given the current market/discounts - What’s the lowest people are seeing for a new Extended range? (Any variant, including tax credit etc)
Do it. You won’t regret it.
Now, you going to have to do some searching and researching. Expand the area of your search to find a variety of options. You going to know when you see it. Make your calls and Good Luck.!!
Sponsored

Byron

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 lightning
The two patents I’ve seen/heard about from Ford are:
Built into the bed wall similar to Rambox
Built similar to a truck toolbox and mounted same.
would adore either tbh.

bmw325_num99

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2018 Tesla Model 3
Occupation
Engineer
In October 2023, I bought my 2022 Lariat ER with 14k miles for $58k locally, $54k after the Illinois EV credit. At the time it was the cheapest ER in the country on Autotrader. There are cheaper ones out there now with similar miles and spec (I had to have Pro Power 9.6kw, Max Tow, active lane keep assist) and if you want a cheaper one, there are some with higher mileages now. Autotrader has one with 30k miles for $46k or so right now.

This is what I would have bought if shopping now:
Used 2022 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat w/ Equipment Group 511A High for sale in Albuquerque, NM 87110: Truck Details - 712260090 - Autotrader

OG_Ragnar

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning XLT ER, 17 C-Max Energi, 15 Flex
Occupation
Nonprofit Administration
Back in March, I picked up an XLT ER for just under $51k with tow package, spray-in bed liner, mobile charger and all-weather floor mats. Only had to drive to Milwaukee it get it, so so charge stops in the way home. Dealer discount was $8k.

Been very happy with it so far and the extra range is helpful in Wisconsin’s inconsistent and often cold weather. I never seriously considered a standard range Lightning in my situation.

I’m sure there are still new deals out there, but you may need to systematically look around online. I scouted individual dealer websites using Google maps and made a list.

Likely are more used deals out there now too. You may be able to move all the way up to a Lariat ER at your budget if you search around. I didn’t trade anything in, so I cannot comment on the potential sale value of your Pro.

I will say that I’m glad I got the XLT ER over the Pro ER I test drove locally. Mine was only a few hundred dollars more. Only thing I liked better on the Pro ER was the SSV front seats.
Sponsored

Last edited: