• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tiles / cards moved to left side of screen after Sync update

Mattman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat PowerBoost
I have an issue where the tiles / cards (whatever they're called) moved to the left side of the screen after recently getting sync 2.3.0. I cannot get it to move back to the right, and it's covering up the other screens and the bottom row. Anyone else run into this issue? I tried soft and master resetting sync, and nothing gets it back.
Ford F-150 Lightning Tiles / cards moved to left side of screen after Sync update IMG_6206
Sponsored

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Sirius XM screen a new undesirable look as well. Its like partitioned into three parts now.

Big Dog Daddy

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0 4x4 Ex Cab Antimatter Blue
My trucks stuck on 1.7.1 looks like 2.3.0 is even more crappy. I really want my truck back to factory software as was when I picked it up on the first day, everything was perfect until they started this OTA shit mess now I have to waste my time at the dealer because of Ford' Motor Company's Fxcking software developers. Good thing they don't make updates for smartphones they would suck at it!

Reactions: Geo

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
You try a reboot? Power and next track until the screen goes black? I had to reboot to fix a gps unable to find me and was just circling.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I have an issue where the tiles / cards (whatever they're called) moved to the left side of the screen after recently getting sync 2.3.0. I cannot get it to move back to the right, and it's covering up the other screens and the bottom row. Anyone else run into this issue? I tried soft and master resetting sync, and nothing gets it back.
IMG_6206.jpeg
Hi there – send a message to us with your VIN and approximate mileage. I’ll look into this for you. Thanks!

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mattman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
They replaced the APIM, but that didn’t fix it. So the dealer ended up having to order a whole new head unit. Was supposed to be here Monday, but of course they still don’t have if. Hoping to arrives today. I’ll let you know how it goes…

That said, the Ford CS rep we’ve been talking to has been awesome and worked with engineering to help troubleshoot. It might be helpful to message them on here, reference this thread, and they may be able to work with the dealer to fix it. I might recommend telling them a whole new unit was needed, though, so that way they can possibly order it now.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Mattman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If only Ford would create an option to disable the cards . . . Would love full-screen Android Auto.
Couldn’t agree more! Not only for full screen Android Auto and CarPlay, but for issues like this. The stereo that “was supposed to be here Monday” arrived last night, so we’ll see what happens when they get it installed today. ?

OP
OP

Mattman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, got a whole new stereo and APIM put in. And it’s still not fixed!! I am livid and very confused on what the problem is and where to go next. They’re going to talk to an engineer again, but this is crazy.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Well, got a whole new stereo and APIM put in. And it’s still not fixed!! I am livid and very confused on what the problem is and where to go next. They’re going to talk to an engineer again, but this is crazy.
That’s crazy. I wonder if your “as-built” file is wrong, and they keep loading the wrong codes?? Seems like they have the wrong display size and right hand drive instead of left.

OP
OP

Mattman

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That’s crazy. I wonder if your “as-built” file is wrong, and they keep loading the wrong codes?? Seems like they have the wrong display size and right hand drive instead of left.
That’s my assumption. The tech made a comment like it’s setup to drive in EU countries. I know it’s all new to dealers, so I’m trying to be patient with everything. They’re having to fly in an Engineer to try and fix everything using some special computer and process the tech supposedly cannot do.
@ronaldfreemanjr - Have you contacted Ford yet? If it’s helpful, I can PM you the case number related to this issue and maybe Ford will realize it could be a bigger issue?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I worked with freeman Jr. I tried everything I could think of. I have his vin and his as build is fine. I even had him change 03-01 the sceen layout bit. I had him change it and then change it back to try and force it. I had him pull the fuse to the APIM overnight. I had him do resets and PMI. I tried everything. If you replaced the APIM and its still like this then the issue is the update files that are being called for.

There was a guy a while back that had a 12: and he was updating. They sent him the 8" files for his truck. It did away with the side card in total and just blew everything up to the 12" He was lucky and a PMI resolved his situation. He was able to do the PMI and Ford saw the wrong files and sent the correct ones. He had already bought a replacement APIM.

I would like to ask the dealer that since it is still the same way after the APIM replacment when the new apim went in was it ok until the PMI was completed or did it go to this straight away. If so then the issue could possibly be the screen.
Sponsored