• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Tow Hook removal

agentorange

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-Series
Occupation
ME
I just recenlty bought my 2021 reg cab, short bed. The truck is a 4x4 and I want to remove the tow hooks and replace with covers or lower valence that comes standard on a 2WD. Anyone have a part number? Thanks.
Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
Find the VIN for a RWD truck and go to parts.ford.com and you should be able to find the alternate parts numbers.

Good luck!

ShawnWillis

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Bronco 2014
Thanks for the tip, Pedaldude! Might as well take note of that.

JoeMo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Powerboost lariat sport
I just recenlty bought my 2021 reg cab, short bed. The truck is a 4x4 and I want to remove the tow hooks and replace with covers or lower valence that comes standard on a 2WD. Anyone have a part number? Thanks.
How did you go about taking the tow hooks out? Iā€˜m looking at powder coating mine but I canā€™t find any videos specific to the 2021

Sponsored

jeffcrum

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 302A Powerboost 7.2kw Inverter
Occupation
Computer programmer
Two bolts on each straight from the bottom.

JoeMo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150 Powerboost lariat sport
Two bolts on each straight from the bottom.
No need to take the bumper off then? I ordered my truck 6 months ago and still donā€™t have it so I canā€™t go look at one. Thanks for your help!

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
You need to pull out the rubber/plastic thing, then you can get straight into the forward bolt from below. The rearward bolt can be accessed with a crescent wrench from underneath the truck. No need to remove the bumper.

DO BE SURE that you account for the nuts inside the square channel/frame. They are not held on, so when you pull out the tow hook bolts they will likely move. I used a coat hanger to put them back in place so I could thread onto them.
Sponsored