unable to access Calm Screen

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Well, I did at one point have my Calm screen back, I think through the method that rhscnative describes above (Thank You, Gil). Then I got an update (ECG-24.2.4.9 or 1237323-1709671) and my Calm screen disappeared again. Now if I click on MyView, the only option shown is Driver Assistance. Scrolling down never yields a Calm Screen, and there is no option to configure MyView anymore. So I am stuck with the standard dash display, which does show a blue bar graph on the right indicating the battery state, but does not display a % number next to it, as it does on other owners' screens. The dealer and my touch screen both tell me there are no other updates available, so it doesn't appear that there is anyway for me to get a battery % display on my dash screen. Why is Ford so determined to prevent us from easily accessing this info? For now I guess I will just have to keep scrolling through the Touch Screen settings to Charge Settings to check my battery state.
Dealer might be blowing you off. I would try pulling fuse 13 from the passenger footwell, which will reset that screen. Also, go here: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/pts-fdrs-vin-check-thread.18979/post-400097 and ask for an OTA check. You will get a real answer on whether you are up to date or not. The bad news is that we are at the mercy of the OTA process and you are not alone waiting for the update that adds SOC to the standard screen (I think it's the 6.8 update now). The good news is that tools exist to push those updates ourselves. They're a little pricey but it is possible. See here: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/forum/threads/ecu-module-programming-guide-using-fdrs.8249/
Sponsored

OP
OP

Konakid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Kia Niro PHEV
Well, this just gets stranger & stranger. I decided to wait a few days before trying pulling the fuse. After a couple of days trying to adjust to the new screen and the analog SOC graph, yesterday I pulled over to do something and turned the vehicle off. When I restarted it a couple of minutes later, there was my Calm Screen with the digital SOC display! I couldn't restore it myself for love or money, but it just resurrected itself from the grave. Now I don't know whether to happy that I've got my Calm screen back, or deeply disturbed that my display can just randomly change at any time with no action on my part. It's unlikely that an OTA update came through at that time since I was in a spot with no WiFi and very poor cell signal.