Uploading Phone Contacts?

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Is anyone else have issues uploading android contacts to sync on the lightning?

The truck keeps telling me to upload contact but the contacts are already uploaded and showing. It happens if I use android auto or not.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
I am having issues with pairing my android phone via Bluetooth, won't show truck in available devices list on the phone.

Android auto works as a wired/USB connection but not wirelessly, mimic of basic phone functions, contact list and I can select and dial a contact, but audio in/out is still through the phone instead of the trucks speakers and microphone.

I messed it up yesterday by accidently removing the old style BT connection figuring it was redundant or not needed, but apparently it is needed, offffff.

I'm going to play with it more once the gas guys leave today, might have something to do with multiple apps on my phone set with phone / contact privilege's, if I neuter them all maybe the phone will recognize the truck again for pairing.

OP
OP

davidf01

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 lightning
Is anyone else have issues uploading android contacts to sync on the lightning?

The truck keeps telling me to upload contact but the contacts are already uploaded and showing. It happens if I use android auto or not.
So if I press and hold the talk button on the steering wheel I get the Android auto voice and I can text and make calls. If I just press and release the talk button on the steering wheel then I get the sync voice system and I cannot text and make calls.

3LCD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Inconsistent at best.. Iove the "Sync is downloading your contacts" which never happens and I have to force one in settings..

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Tried to re-pair Bluetooth for Android "Advanced Message access feature" (by forgetting the BT link) but then the truck name was not found for reconnection.
Ford F-150 Lightning Uploading Phone Contacts? Screenshot_20221219-092809~2
Finally pressed the "talk" button on the steering wheel and was allowed to make the connection (is this the way to re-pair--I do not see this instruction in the manual?).

But re-pairing did not clear the "Advanced Message access" notification. Should I turn off the notification? Seems I can get to that setting by pressing the notification on my smartphone and tapping on the gear for settings.
Ford F-150 Lightning Uploading Phone Contacts? Screenshot_20221219-092007

I think it might be the last one of these four, but it would be nice if the wording matched up better with the notification! Might have to try one at a time, but then again, maybe I want the "Advanced Message access feature" when it finally connects?
Here is what Verizon says about Advanced Messaging:
https://www.verizon.com/support/advanced-messaging-faqs/

Last edited:

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Should I turn off the notification for "advanced message access", as I could press & hold the notification to get to those settings?
I don't know, in my mind disabling a feature might reduce functionality, to what degree I'm not certain. Make the change remember what you did and how to restore the condition if you find it causes unintended consequences. Let us know how your experiment turns out.
Sponsored