• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

US Ford ESP in Canada

Supertrash17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I bought a 23 Lariat ER and will be getting it on Tuesday. Been reading about buying an Extended Warranty in the US for Canadian customers. Just need an address in the US (I have a "Detroit Mailbox")). Been looking at 8+ years and 100k miles/160k km and it's probably half the price of anything around here.

But most of the things I read are a couple of years old and I haven't seen any recent stories of Canadians doing this. Did anyone decide to do this recently and were there any hiccups or things to keep in mind? How does the Credit Card payment work with the Billing Address and whatnot? And do you have to tell/do anything special at the dealer if you bring it in for warranty work? Is all this "frowned upon"?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP

Supertrash17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I might give that a shot, but Granger and Flood appear slightly cheaper.

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Highlander, Mazda miata
I spoke to Granger last month when I was Lightning shopping. They’ll sell to Canadians if you have a US address you can use. Apparently the warranty is applied immediately to your vehicle and you can see confirmation in the app? Valid in Canada and US. I have a US drop box, and I notified my credit card about a secondary US address for shipping stuff, and no problem to buy things using that address. I didn’t buy a Lightning so didn’t go through with it.

Out of interest, would you share your deal on what you paid for your Lariat? (Including fees and before taxes)

OP
OP

Supertrash17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I spoke to Granger last month when I was Lightning shopping. They’ll sell to Canadians if you have a US address you can use. Apparently the warranty is applied immediately to your vehicle and you can see confirmation in the app? Valid in Canada and US. I have a US drop box, and I notified my credit card about a secondary US address for shipping stuff, and no problem to buy things using that address. I didn’t buy a Lightning so didn’t go through with it.

Out of interest, would you share your deal on what you paid for your Lariat? (Including fees and before taxes)
I ended up buying the Granger warranty using my Detroit drop-box. I never needed a billing address for the Credit Card payment, but I did call them ahead of time to notify them I was making a relatively large USD purchase. They send you an email contract after like 3 days. It does not show up in FordPass, there's apparently an issue with FordPass, but it doesn't matter the dealers should see it.

I bought my new 2023 Lariat ER for $65,000+taxes/fees, $74,087 OTD and that included shipping to me across Ontario. This was a one off deal from a dealer way up north in Ontario really wanting to get rid of them. They unfortunately don't have any more of them. There's still a few new 2023's out there, so you can take your shot if you want.

Sponsored

speedy123

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Ridgeline, Toyota Highlander, Mazda miata
That is a crazy good deal. Congratulations on your new truck