• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
They weren't using a Lightning because, as they said right in the beginning, they were taking on the argument that and EV isn't a "real truck" so they got the most iconic "real truck" to test against. This wasn't supposed to be an apple to apples comparison. If anything, to those that know EV power, it was stacked in favor of the CT. Kind of pathetic that the CT still pretty much lost.
Sponsored

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER =RAe (Range Anxiety)
Occupation
Old
Fully boxed frame….yes I realize the super duties don’t get them(at least they didn’t). This is what you get sending aluminum to do steels jobs. Too inflexible a frame gets you high impulses and fractured structure, but the fanbois like hearing it’s stiffer than a McLaren. Makes me wonder if they want a stiff truck because…. Geez, my mind went to the gutter.
If you want your mind in the gutter, ask: Why do "real men" want a shifting stick in the console instead of a dial/buttons on the dash and more console space? Do you really need to be playing with that hard rod on the console in an electric truck?

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER =RAe (Range Anxiety)
Occupation
Old
I genuinely can't stand Tesla fans a lot of the time. They're right, the f-150 didn't take the same abuse, it took a lot more and kept working.
The CT kept working - it pulled the F150 out of the mud, but used the front tow hooks.

Frankly, on an electric truck weighing as much as ours do I would rather lose the bumper than bend the frame holding the batteries. At the same time, the CT is advertised as off road capable so it should be able to take some type of hit. In real off roading, would you come off the rocks at the kind of speed he came off the pipes? Also, in the longer video why is the front skid plate dragging at the 5:02 mark in the more complete video?

BTW, Showing off, I launched my Lightning up my 10+ degree grassy hill and found out there was a swale. I am not sure if the front end got airborne but it came down hard. I'll find out if there was damage when they do the 10K check, in 5,000 miles. :(

DeluxeStang

First Name
Kev
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Maverick
The CT kept working - it pulled the F150 out of the mud, but used the front tow hooks.

Frankly, on an electric truck weighing as much as ours do I would rather lose the bumper than bend the frame holding the batteries. At the same time, the CT is advertised as off road capable so it should be able to take some type of hit. In real off roading, would you come off the rocks at the kind of speed he came off the pipes? Also, in the longer video why is the front skid plate dragging at the 5:02 mark in the more complete video?

BTW, Showing off, I launched my Lightning up my 10+ degree grassy hill and found out there was a swale. I am not sure if the front end got airborne but it came down hard. I'll find out if there was damage when they do the 10K check, in 5,000 miles. :(
Except he cited another example of someone's bumper that detached while towing down the highway. This is a major issue. We all know Tesla is trash, reliability and quality comparable to the worst kias from the 90s, but this is a whole nother level. This is genuinely gonna kill someone if Tesla doesn't address it. It's not some mild little thing like a touch screen freezing, this is someone's bumper coming off while towing a trailer at 80 mph.
Sponsored