• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Why I didn’t purchase the lightning I reserve two years ago.

OP
OP

I=V/R

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightening, X5d, 328d
Occupation
retired
If you need assurance a specific DCFC will even exist, it is probably not for you at this time (and I would want all the goodies if buying top of the line, inflated cost vehicle). Depending on the deployment, it is easy to see operators allow DCFC repairs to languish in the US at least. This is probably because there is no good business model for high power public charging, which costs the operator more with every additional kW of site capacity they build in. Electrify America exists as a "penalty" for example. Maybe someday there will be clubs one can subscribe to and drive right into an amenity-rich climatge controlled building for when they can't fuel at home, which might at least add some value to the EV refueling experience.
I like the Free-Wire Technologies concept. I could see one of these chargers at every convenance store and gas station. It is a battery supported charger that charges its internal battery at low amperage. It will take about +/-24 hours to be fully charge, but it is an "Ultra fast charger" that can be booked in advance. I like this concept.

BOOST CHARGER
Next generation ultrafast EV charging technology that can be deployed anywhere and everywhere.

https://freewiretech.com/products/dc-boost-charger-200/
Sponsored

ytwytw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lighting ER Lariat
I like the Free-Wire Technologies concept. I could see one of these chargers at every convenance store and gas station. It is a battery supported charger that charges its internal battery at low amperage. It will take about +/-24 hours to be fully charge, but it is an "Ultra fast charger" that can be booked in advance. I like this concept.

BOOST CHARGER
Next generation ultrafast EV charging technology that can be deployed anywhere and everywhere.

https://freewiretech.com/products/dc-boost-charger-200/
I have tried one of those in US, they can be very slow if arrived in the wrong time.
And the cost is super high, it's a nice replacement to all of those flo 50kw charger, but even with gov rebate, still too expensive for site owner to consider

Kev12345

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ram 1500
I was thinking we should be contacting Dan McTeague - the former MP that is known for trying to deal with gas prices. The website he is now a part of is called Canadians for Affordable Energy. The website seems to be all about gas prices, but if they want to say "Energy" they shouldn't be all about gas. Perhaps we should make an effort to bombard them on the issue of per-minute pricing of vehicle charging.

I know it's wishful thinking, but maybe they can be embarrassed into lobbying on this issue. 😳
you clearly don't follow mcteague on twitter. I doubt he will want to help with anything related to EV's.

Calvin H-C

First Name
Calvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Focus Electric 2017, F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Technical Trainer/Writer - Wayside Railway Signalling Maintenance
you clearly don't follow mcteague on twitter. I doubt he will want to help with anything related to EV's.
Perhaps, but after emailing the site, he gave me a call to find out more about by-the-minute fees in chargers. I'll reserve judgement for now to see what, if anything comes of this.

OP
OP

I=V/R

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightening, X5d, 328d
Occupation
retired
I have tried one of those in US, they can be very slow if arrived in the wrong time.
And the cost is super high, it's a nice replacement to all of those flo 50kw charger, but even with gov rebate, still too expensive for site owner to consider
Can you reserve one of these so it has a full charge. That is the concept I believe.
Sponsored