• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Windshield replaced?

VAF84

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Consultant
Came here by wondering if the Soundscreen windshields were more susceptible to cracks and rock chips as my 8 month old, 18k mile LER already has two with normal highway driving. Can’t be right. I’ve put lots of miles on the big three manufacturer trucks and this F150 is the only one that has had this happen this quickly.

I know it’s unlikely, but I read on another forum of it potentially falling under warranty if it happens in the first year of ownership. I need to look into it.
Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Came here by wondering if the Soundscreen windshields were more susceptible to cracks and rock chips as my 8 month old, 18k mile LER already has two with normal highway driving. Can’t be right. I’ve put lots of miles on the big three manufacturer trucks and this F150 is the only one that has had this happen this quickly.

I know it’s unlikely, but I read on another forum of it potentially falling under warranty if it happens in the first year of ownership. I need to look into it.
No. Stress cracks in year 1 are covered. Not rock chips.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Reasons not to go with cheap aftermarket windshield:

Glareshield pattern
Sound deadening layer
Optical quality

I prefer the factory or better quality ones myself but a cheapy will get you back on the road without hurting the wallet too much.

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Came here by wondering if the Soundscreen windshields were more susceptible to cracks and rock chips
For me, windshields are a consumable item. They get chipped from flying rocks and sand blasted to the point that it becomes hazardous after a few years. It all depends on where you drive. So far I have one massive stone chip and no cracks after 53k km's.
Sponsored