• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wireless CarPlay and Pandora

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
Just me or wireless car play sucks? I connect just fine but pandora doesn’t play music. Pressing play from the phone doesn’t work.

Is it iOS problem? Is it SYNc? Is it Pandora?
Sponsored

YellowGoat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
In my experience it's a Pandora problem. I've had it randomly lock up when playing music for months. I've found if I close the app in the phone (iOS) and then reopen it, it *usually* works again. When Pandora is broken, Apple Music works fine and if Apple was better at managing "stations" to actually match a music preference, I'd have given up on Pandora a long time ago. But something about Pandora's algorithm means it's more often playing what I want to hear than not. I blame XM buying them and just coasting on the old platform without fixing any new bugs.

OP
OP

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In my experience it's a Pandora problem. I've had it randomly lock up when playing music for months. I've found if I close the app in the phone (iOS) and then reopen it, it *usually* works again. When Pandora is broken, Apple Music works fine and if Apple was better at managing "stations" to actually match a music preference, I'd have given up on Pandora a long time ago. But something about Pandora's algorithm means it's more often playing what I want to hear than not. I blame XM buying them and just coasting on the old platform without fixing any new bugs.
Yea, I may have to move on. Get what you pay (or not pay) for.

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Hyundai Ioniq 5, Audi Q5 Sportbak
Occupation
Pilot
On a similar note, I have issues with Android Auto on my 2023 Lariat. The truck has wireless AA, which is great, but it always wants to play music from my phone. I get in the truck, my sat radio starts playing, and then a few seconds later it reverts to my phone through Android Auto, and starts playing Amazon music. I reselect Sirius XM, and then a few minutes later it reverts back to Amazon music. It is very annoying that the truck will not return to the same source that was in use and automatically switches to the phone as primary.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
In my experience you have a pandora problem. Spotify works ok, but when using wireless carplay, everything lags between input and response. I disabled wireless and only use wired carplay as responsiveness trumps that (IMO) minor convenience.

OP
OP

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
In my experience you have a pandora problem. Spotify works ok, but when using wireless carplay, everything lags between input and response. I disabled wireless and only use wired carplay as responsiveness trumps that (IMO) minor convenience.
How do you choose one over the other?

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
How do you choose one over the other?
To try it, plug your phone in before starting your truck. If it's plugged in first it should use the wired and you'll see the responsiveness is improved.

To permanently do it, go in to car play settings and forget your truck, then plug in. When it's setting the truck up as new it should prompt you to enable wireless, which you can decline. I don't see a way to toggle between wired and wireless in the settings so delete and re-add seems like the only option.
Sponsored