Sponsored

Pilot2022

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Do you think waves 2-99 will have more than 5% Pros?
I am sure Ford has more insights than random bunch of us on these forums :)
My totally speculative guess is that early adopters are going for higher trim vehicles…

now, pro is a screaming deal if you want no options. But, once you start getting options, you might as well look at higher trims.
Sponsored

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Pro is a loss leader for Ford. If Ford produces 160k FI50Ls (80% reservation to order conversion rate), Ford is likely to only build 8,000 pros for retail customers. That's the way I see it anyway. Hey Ford, prove me wrong!

sollie

First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
I really hope I’m in Wave 1, since I bet the XLTs will completely sell out in that wave.

Duckwrangler

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mazda C5, Hyundai Santa Fe
Occupation
RN
I would advise everyone to go test drive an ICE F-150 before deciding, especially if you are comparing it to a Rivian which is much much much smaller than an F-150. The Rivian is the equivalent of a Truck Tesla, the Lightning is an F-150 Truck with not much Tech. While the Rivian offers Air Suspension, I can imagine it riding better than an F-150 comfort wise or being able to load the bed with the same amount of Cargo. I think they are two different type of trucks, but one is available for you to go check out right now. While it is an ICE you will be test driving, I can assure you the rest will be the same. At least for me, I think it will be the perfect vehicle with it now being an EV with AWD and IRS.
This is so true. My husband and I went to see an F150 in person in December and it alleviated most of his concern about price and my concern about comfort. (My Dad has a Silverado that I'm used to driving and it isn't the most comfortable for me for some reason.) And seeing all the features in person - and hearing the dealer's insights on what he thinks is and isn't a good value - was also very helpful.

khatch

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 F150, 2021 Bronco, 2023 Lightning
As far as I know. I don't recall anyone (except Ford representatives) ever driving this pick up. If that is true, does anyone else have a problem not hearing from a third party about how it drives? All the reviews I seen, always had a Ford Rep driving while a reviewer was in the passenger seat trying to give his impressions.
I understand the concern but after having gone through this process with the Bronco, I don't plan on hesitating. You can always decline at payment time if bad news comes out or you don't like the way it drives. And given the number of reservations vs the expected production, this one may be in even higher demand than the Bronco. It's hard to say but I think it's low risk to move forward if given an invite to order. Information will likely trickle in before your truck arrives.

Sponsored

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
As far as we know, the Platinum is fully-loaded. A fully loaded ICE platinum is $76K. Trucks cost a lot.

After tax credit, there's a ~$7k difference.
Looks like the Lightning Platinum is fully loaded except for the max-recline seats and one or two other small options. I'm going to configure a Lariat the way I'd like and see how it compares. Ford has a habit of pricing the next trim level up at just the right price where it often makes more sense than loading up the trim you're intending on. Then the next thing you know, you're adding more options... If it had a 450+ mile rated range, I'd load up the Platinum and just go for it. But I fear that I'll only keep this truck a couple years until batteries improve and I upgrade. 300 mile rated range is really pushing it for a good portion of what I'll do with the truck. 280 mile estimated on the Platinum with those 22" wheels is almost a deal breaker. Attending the Ford event and seeing the Lariat trim, I'm not wild about the grey painted wheels -- much prefer the XLT wheels. I like the look of the 22" wheels on the Platinum, but I don't want them due to the range hit and I'd prefer a bit more sidewall. Hoping we can configure the Platinum with a 20" option, but I kinda doubt it.

I almost just went for a PowerBoost 150 and I still might do it and wait it out for the next generation in 3 years or so. I might end up with a Rivian, but it will take me another 18+ months to get one with their max pack battery (I have a reservation and that's what I'm being told). Either way I'm configuring the Lighting and taking delivery if I get invited in the first couple waves for sure. Just because I know I can probably sell it for at least what I paid if I don't like it.

Mach N Cheese

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Occupation
Analyst
Just to get this right, the tonneau covers can only be added with an offline dealer order?

JBauer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy Volt
Registered to say my dealer called me and confirmed I'm in Wave 1, so yes they can see this now and Wave 2 at least I believe (I can't confirm this)
When did you place your reservation?

Fordskeptic

First Name
Chevy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Chevy, toyota, honda, jeep
Just to get this right, the tonneau covers can only be added with an offline dealer order?
Dealer installed option, after market or DIY purchase and install are all options for getting a tonneau cover.

Sponsored

FordLightning

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Deposit on Ford Lightning
Looks like the Lightning Platinum is fully loaded except for the max-recline seats and one or two other small options. I'm going to configure a Lariat the way I'd like and see how it compares. Ford has a habit of pricing the next trim level up at just the right price where it often makes more sense than loading up the trim you're intending on. Then the next thing you know, you're adding more options... If it had a 450+ mile rated range, I'd load up the Platinum and just go for it. But I fear that I'll only keep this truck a couple years until batteries improve and I upgrade. 300 mile rated range is really pushing it for a good portion of what I'll do with the truck. 280 mile estimated on the Platinum with those 22" wheels is almost a deal breaker. Attending the Ford event and seeing the Lariat trim, I'm not wild about the grey painted wheels -- much prefer the XLT wheels. I like the look of the 22" wheels on the Platinum, but I don't want them due to the range hit and I'd prefer a bit more sidewall. Hoping we can configure the Platinum with a 20" option, but I kinda doubt it.

I almost just went for a PowerBoost 150 and I still might do it and wait it out for the next generation in 3 years or so. I might end up with a Rivian, but it will take me another 18+ months to get one with their max pack battery (I have a reservation and that's what I'm being told). Either way I'm configuring the Lighting and taking delivery if I get invited in the first couple waves for sure. Just because I know I can probably sell it for at least what I paid if I don't like it.
In hindsight, I would have been better off ordering the Rivian since they already come fully loaded in the 70’s. Another car in the same price range is the Lucid Pure with over 400 miles range. Many decisions over the next few weeks.

techguydave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
None
Occupation
IT
Screenshot_20220103-191712_Chrome.jpg
Am I reading this correctly? Doesnt make sense to me ...
XLT+ gets optional extended battery, but for regular Lariant its not available???
For retail customers, that's correct. You and I can't buy a standard Lariat and add an extended battery, we'd have to upgrade to the Lariat +/Premium/whatever.

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
I am sure Ford has more insights than random bunch of us on these forums :)
My totally speculative guess is that early adopters are going for higher trim vehicles…

now, pro is a screaming deal if you want no options. But, once you start getting options, you might as well look at higher trims.
No chance that the Pro is only 5% of demand. Ford is purposely limiting it. Makes sense from a business standpoint, but there's no way it's proportional to demand.

It's an insane deal (much better than the other trims relative to a comparable gas truck), and the price also makes it very accessible to a big chunk of consumers.

As far as options, the pro is a smoking deal even if you buy all the options available. The reason to move up to another trim level is because the option you want isn't available on the Pro... not because the Pro becomes a poor value after adding options. The price gap between XLT and Pro is enormous (~$13k).

Blainestang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F56, R55, Pro
As far as I know. I don't recall anyone (except Ford representatives) ever driving this pick up. If that is true, does anyone else have a problem not hearing from a third party about how it drives? All the reviews I seen, always had a Ford Rep driving while a reviewer was in the passenger seat trying to give his impressions.
At least one non-Ford rep drove it and gave a brief review:

Ford F-150 Lightning đź“’ 2022 F-150 Lightning Order Bank Playbook With Pricing! Ordering Begin 1/6, Build & Price Tomorrow 1/4! gettyimages-1232968524
Sponsored