• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s?

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Maybe but manufacturers do mid year changes all the time.

Darrell
Yep, and those mid year changes can have financial impacts too. In 21, they removed adaptive steering as a standard feature on high trims and made it a $1k option. It’s a slimy way of increasing the cost of the vehicle without the general population realizing.
Sponsored

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Yep, and those mid year changes can have financial impacts too. In 21, they removed adaptive steering as a standard feature on high trims and made it a $1k option. It’s a slimy way of increasing the cost of the vehicle without the general population realizing.
Costs go up, I get it. If the bed lighting costs can’t be incorporated into a Lariat trim, fine - charge me extra to have them installed. But that isn’t an a la carte option. U.S. F-150 customers cannot get bed lighting on a ‘22 unless they add the Bed Utility package; I don’t want the power tailgate or the step. Nor is bed lighting an accessory that a dealership can add post-delivery. Beating a dead horse. Just frustrating.

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
It may be expensive but that's not my problem and why should I have to foot the bill????
I signed a contract for a '21 f-150 Lariat. expecting it to be equipped as a '21 with the option packages I chose, no more no less. I didn't care it was moved to a '22 because I was told it would be the EXACT SAME TRUCK as the one specified in the contract except one model year newer.
Now if they wanted to add features fine but they removed features and will be charging me the same amount.
If I were to build you a house but decided to omit lighting in certain rooms, didn't tell you and charged you the same amount I bet you'd be pissed.

Darrell

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Many won't agree but I don't think the bed lighting is a cost savings attempt, but rather a supply chain decision.
I can't prove it, but it's the only reason that makes sense.

The adaptive steering was something most people didn't even know that they had. It was never an option offered that I know of.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
FYI, I’m at the dealer now for my 21 to 22 swap. I found something they made standard which was previously an option. Ie something they gave us for free! The underseat storage is now standard on Lariat and above.

unfortunately that was actually an option that I didn’t want!

Last edited:

Sponsored

DT400

First Name
Darrell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
79 Scout II, 90 Mustang gt, 95 F-150, 22 F-150
FYI, I’m at the dealer now for my 21 to 22 swap. I found something they made standard which was previously an option. Ie something they gave us for free! The underseat storage is now standard on Lariat and above.

unfortunately that was actually and option that I didn’t want!
That's definitely nice to hear.
What cab did you get? I'm getting the extended cab not the crew cab so I wonder if I'll get some storage as well.
Hopefully I'll know in the next couple weeks and remember to post back here.

Darrell

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
That's definitely nice to hear.
What cab did you get? I'm getting the extended cab not the crew cab so I wonder if I'll get some storage as well.
Hopefully I'll know in the next couple weeks and remember to post back here.

Darrell
Super crew.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

unfortunately that was actually an option that I didn’t want!
That's just further evidence that there's NOTHING sinister going on. It's a brutal and monumental task to currently keep an assembly line going. We consumers way oversimplify all the moving pieces involved.

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
That's just further evidence that there's NOTHING sinister going on. It's a brutal and monumental task to currently keep an assembly line going. We consumers way oversimplify all the moving pieces involved.
Disagree. Calling B.S. It's LED lights and some wiring. If I had to guess, Ford needed to raise the price on the Bed Utility package - Power tailgate, tailgate step, and work surface - from $639 (2021) to the new/current ~$995 (2022). I bet they were concerned too many people would end up on the other side of the Laffer curve. They don't make money on a standard tailgate - it's included for free. They make more money when people upgrade. So they needed to beef up what's in the Bed Utility package to make it more desirable and justify its higher price. What do you put in the Bed Utility package? What's already in the bed for their most popular models (XLT High and Lariat) . . . ah, BoxLink and Bed Lighting.

I don't mind paying for what I want. Example: paid an extra $1K to get Trailer Tow package (53A) over Tow Tech (17T) simply to pull >7K-lbs in my PowerBoost, even though they're practically identical. I'd pay more for the darn bed lights . . . but I can't. Because they want to sell power tailgates.

Sponsored

Undertheradar

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Hoping someone in this thread can tell me whether or not my MY22 (that was converted from a 21) will have the 360 camera option? Kinda confusing with the way they shifted things around. I know I had chosen it as an option when I placed the order. Not a big deal either way, just curious.
Ford F-150 Lightning 2022 MISSING FEATURES: Ambient Lighting & Differences In DEATC between 2021 and 2022 F-150s? 6Wy9oaFl

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Hoping someone in this thread can tell me whether or not my MY22 (that was converted from a 21) will have the 360 camera option? Kinda confusing with the way they shifted things around. I know I had chosen it as an option when I placed the order. Not a big deal either way, just curious.
6Wy9oaFl.jpg
502A comes standard with CoPilot 360 Assist (option to upgrade to Active). CoPilot 360 requires either the 360 cameras (763) or the Tow Tech package (17T) . . . which includes (763) for free.

In other words, you can’t have CoPilot 360 Assist without the 360 camera package (763). Surprised it isn’t specifically listed, but maybe that’’s because you filled up the entire sheet of paper already. That’s gonna be a sweet truck.

Hopefully another forum member can share their 502A order sheet as well to remove any ambiguity / uncertainty.

*** UPDATE: Keep reading the rest of this thread for additional comments. 502A apparently does not automatically include the 360° cameras. ***

Last edited:

Undertheradar

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
502A comes standard with CoPilot 360 Assist (option to upgrade to Active). CoPilot 360 requires either the 360 cameras (763) or the Tow Tech package (17T) . . . which includes (763) for free.

In other words, you can’t have CoPilot 360 Assist without the 360 camera package (763). Surprised it isn’t specifically listed, but maybe that’’s because you filled up the entire sheet of paper already. That’s gonna be a sweet truck.

Hopefully another forum member can share their 502A order sheet as well to remove any ambiguity / uncertainty.
Thanks man. I just found that order guide and that’s how I was interpreting it, but then I started second guessing, haha.

First Name
Brant
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum
Occupation
IT Consultant
Many won't agree but I don't think the bed lighting is a cost savings attempt, but rather a supply chain decision.
I can't prove it, but it's the only reason that makes sense.

The adaptive steering was something most people didn't even know that they had. It was never an option offered that I know of.
Adaptive steering increased by 1,000 and orders without it were not prioritized. Bed lighting was removed as standard to increase profit, Ambient lighting and glove box lights are gone. Sure it might be supply chain related but it is also profit driven.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I said that I can't prove it.
You sound like you can.

GM removed heated seats and steering wheels. To increase profits?
Sponsored