• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford canceled my reservation.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
My point was and is that all of those who were "chosen", had reservations. If you didn't have a reservation, you could not order.
I agree. Also, while at one time a dealer could move a limited number of reservations up/down the line through the preference, I don't think they can anymore. Ford now tells the dealer who is next to get the chance to order or defer.
Sponsored

FordLightningMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
It does seem a bit suspicious that someone who's been adamantly anti-Lightning is the only one on the forum to have this happen. I'm not saying the cancelation is fabricated, but the nonchalance leading to the cancelation does play right into your narrative. Not checking up on your status and being indifferent because you were set on a Rivian certainly played a part in your outcome.

I had a Rivian pre-order from well before you, I canceled when I was selected for a MY22 Lightning. As someone who's had less than perfect history with an automaker that doesn't have a local service center, it was an easy choice to make. I've since moved on from Rivian and don't feel compelled to post negative stories about how I placed my Lightning reservation after my Rivian reservation, but Rivian has a worse order/delivery system versus Ford. This commentary based on my personal experience is absolutely true, but it doesn't make sense to dwell on, as different people are having different results.

When my Tesla was ready for pickup, I was told with almost zero notice "be there on X day, or else we don't hold the car and you lose your reservation." After waiting six months, if I couldn't get a day off of work on short notice to travel 7 hours for my pickup, the reservation would've been lost. None of these order arrangements are perfect.

Last edited:

VTbuckeye

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 Bolt, 16 XC90T8, 22 XC40 P8 Recharge, 17 Tacoma
I was wave 4. The Monday before invites were sent by Ford my dealer emailed and called me to say watch for an email from Ford. Yes, your dealer did not communicate very well with you. Congratulations on the Rivian. You were likely a wave 6 invite based on when you say Ford cancelled your reservation. Wave 1 through 5 had until 3/31and Wave 6 until 4/29 to extend or order. No interaction from you tells them that you are not interested in the car and/or the process and will be cancelled. Without the notice from my dealer I would not have been paying attention (reservation on may 21, but in the top 10 at the dealership) though I would have seen the ford email. I would probably have over 100 hours of my life back that have gone into following lightning this and that online.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I think it is reasonable to expect a reservation holder to be in regular contact with the dealer.
Are we there yet? Are we there yet?

When Dealer tells you we'll contact you in 2023, up to the dealer who Ford has designated as the contact point to let the customer know. Car dealers do not seem shy about using the phone.

Ford doesn't list an email for reservation questions, just a phone number. Ford and dealer have my phone number, no phone call from Ford or dealer.

And the amazing fact the cancellation email worked just fine.

Ford and dealer are happy to convert it to a free range sale with markup to preferred customer.

Glad I made other plans.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
It does seem a bit suspicious that someone who's been adamantly anti-Lightning is the only one on the forum to have this happen.
So "adamantly anti-Lightning" I was a day one depositor and contacted dealer to see where I was on their list.

Follow the money, neither dealer nor Ford contacted me so they can resell to preferred for markup.

Sometimes the simplest explanations and the correct explanations.

Sponsored

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
So "adamantly anti-Lightning" I was a day one depositor and contacted dealer to see where I was on their list.

Follow the money, neither dealer nor Ford contacted me so they can resell to preferred for markup.

Sometimes the simplest explanations and the correct explanations.
Have you considered putting the same level of effort into finding out what happened as you place into posting on the forum?

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Have you considered putting the same level of effort into finding out what happened as you place into posting on the forum?
Called the 800 number as Ford instructed via "Chat" on website and in the email cancelation. Ford said "Nothing can be done".

Amusing how dealers are typically very aggresive in calling, emailing, texting if they even THINK you are interested in buying. Here's a paid, first day reservation of a customer willing to wait 1-2 years who contacted dealer on his reservation in their allocation (told in email 35/25 and '23) but no communication from Ford or dealer on auto-cancelling of reservation.

Fair to say the writing was on the wall when Ford abandoned the reservations and dumped them on dealers so it did not matter when you made reservation, only what dealer you were forced to choose.

Glad I got my Rivian insurance policy. Looks like it is going to pay off big time as I get an $88k MSRP vehicle for $72k. Four motor, off road, SUV with 11k tow capacity and 316 mile range with 3.0 sec 0-60. F150's will be in my rear view mirror in every way.

PS Rivian has customer service email and they answer it.

Last edited:

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Rivian are pretty cool. Enjoy your 2025 truck and I’d invite you to search out some Rivian forums. Sounds like you ignored (whether on purpose or not) an invite to order and were subsequently cancelled. Sucky situation.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
All "preferred" customers had to have reservations
Nope. Ford was clear that dealer could sell to "preferred customers" who did not have reservations and gave a certain percentage of the allocation to allow the dealer to do this.

My reservation was one of their allocation that no long has a reservation attached...yee hah...markup sale to preferred customer with no reservation.

Enjoy your 2025 truck and I’d invite you to search out some Rivian forums.
Rivian seems to be ahead of Ford on production and delivery, 3,500 made, 1200 delivered vs. 1800 made for F150. Probably '23 for the Rivian, maybe early '24. I think it's technically an SUV now.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nope. Ford was clear that dealer could sell to "preferred customers" who did not have reservations and gave a certain percentage of the allocation to allow the dealer to do this.

My reservation was one of their allocation that no long has a reservation attached...yee hah...markup sale to preferred customer with no reservation.

Rivian seems to be ahead of Ford on production and delivery, 3,500 made, 1200 delivered vs. 1800 made for F150. Probably '23 for the Rivian, maybe early '24. I think it's technically an SUV now.

Oh FFS just stop. Its obvious you ignored the invitation to order either by choice or indifference.

Making up stuff you don't know about seems petty. You prefer the Rivian..good for you. Enjoy it!!

The true shame here is Ford wasted an invitation to order on someone who obviously doesn't want the truck. I hope someone who will use it gets it vs going waste.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Its obvious you ignored the invitation to order either by choice or indifference.
Never got it which Ford pretty much admits with the "Look in your spam folder" even though their cancellation notice was not in the spam folder.

And no phone call from Ford (which only deals over the phone) or the dealer.

Puleeze.

I would definitely have ordered it. See what the final price would be, the delivery date, dealer markup if any. Keep it or flip it of the Rivian looked better. Would have been fun.

Email address of cancellation [email protected]

Not in spam folder.

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford canceled my reservation. FordCancels

Last edited:

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered

Again, what you are saying, diverges from the facts. The only buyers that could be prioritized, were those who had actual reservations. You're entitled to your own opinions, just not your own facts.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Never got it which Ford pretty much admits with the "Look in your spam folder" even though their cancellation notice was not in the spam folder.

And no phone call from Ford (which only deals over the phone) or the dealer.

Puleeze.

I would definitely have ordered it. See what the final price would be, the delivery date, dealer markup if any. Keep it or flip it of the Rivian looked better. Would have been fun.

Email address of cancellation [email protected]

Not in spam folder.

FordCancels.jpg
Uhhh... this explains it--

"This email confirms your reservation has expired, and Ford Motor Company has cancelled your reservation..."

This means you were given an option to order OR to extend and you did neither. Ford rightly cancelled your reservation so it could be used by someone else.

I guess you expect Ford to hold your hand like a toddler through this process. Pity.

"If you have questions or would like to place an order..."

Ford explains here exactly what you should do if you are truly interested. Obviously you are not and would rather waste time moaning and complaining.

Tenetke

First Name
Stuart
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
‘22 Lightning Platinum, ‘21 Aviator, ‘23 Bronco WT
Occupation
dad
Ford or the dealer I had a reservation through has never called me either, even to this day. But I did check my account online occasionally. Mostly because I remembered I placed a reservation for a vehicle that costs tens of thousands of dollars and I am excited to become an owner.

I suggest you check with Rivian or even find a Rivian forum to help you understand what you reserved with Rivian. Rivian makes the R1T which is technically a truck and an R1S which is technically an SUV. Good luck with your Rivian purchase!

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

Obviously not....

Its much easier just to take your grudge online and babble out complete horsecrap than it is to lift a finger to help rectify the situation.

This schtick is getting so old already....
Sponsored