• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford canceled my reservation.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
They said you are number 35 out of 25 reservation holders? Or do you mean 25/35?
They had 25 allocations for '22 and I was No. 35 on the list. Late '23 delivery. No reason to expect an order this year per the dealer. Ford sent me an email to cancel so not an email issue. Just odd but a warning to any other early reservation holders. Though if Ford just cancels, not sure what they can do otherwise.
Sponsored

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
ooks like you didn’t order or extend your reservation
Got no notice to order or extend a reservation. Was there a not that reservations expire?

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
I'd call Ford directly and inquire as to why it was cancelled out of curiosity. If your dealer backstabbed you and stole your reservation, you may have a chance at a lawsuit
Was thinking that, just don't notify customer and give to someone with later or even no reservation for markup. It's Ford's "problem" now though I doubt they care.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Got no notice to order or extend a reservation. Was there a not that reservations expire?
The only reservations that expired are those who were invited to order, but chose not to. At least that’s how it was supposed to work. I was never invited to order and my reservation is still valid - I didn’t have to extend it.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Ford's email communications system is so screwed up there's no telling what actually happened. Sounds like you had an invite to order, or the system THOUGHT you did, and you didn't extend by April 30. It wouldn't be surprising at all if you had the invite and never got an e-mail. That would be about par for the course for Ford's CRM system.

Sponsored
OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Rivian is pretty much a lottery at this point.
Less than Ford which emailed to cancel a first day reservation. Rivian answers emails. Ford doesn’t even have an email. Rivian’s are first to deliver and ramping up. Just a wait as with Ford. Rivian getting great reviews.

Amps

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bolt
EaglesPDX, has your $100 deposit been returned?

Does anyone know if the culling of the reservation herd on March 31st was only for MY2022 reservations that were given a chance to order or extend to MY2023 but did not respond?

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
Ford's email communications system is so screwed up there's no telling what actually happened. Sounds like you had an invite to order, or the system THOUGHT you did, and you didn't extend by April 30. It wouldn't be surprising at all if you had the invite and never got an e-mail. That would be about par for the course for Ford's CRM system.
That does sound like it. Amusing that their cancellation email came through fine. Dealer will now sell at markup.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
@EaglesPDX you should check your spam boxes and text messages as it sounds like you were invited to order sometime before April 12.

Also check if your dealer changed hands (owners) or corporate name / different Ford account.

If you did receive an invite and not place your order nor extend your reservation then Ford will have cancelled it after 4/29.

Makes sense as my order invite on the last wave (4/12) said that due to extended, cancelled, or abandoned reservations would convert to open additional allocations as a final clean up wave and all orders must be into Ford by 4/29.

If you never received an invite, then your existing reservation should have carried over to the MY'23 Lightning.

OP
OP
EaglesPDX

EaglesPDX

First Name
Eagles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3
@EaglesPDX you should check your spam boxes and text messages as it sounds like you were invited to order sometime before April 12.
Odd the cancellation email came through fine. Competition is good. I made Rivian reservation when Ford tossed out it to dealers to decide. That’s worked out

Sponsored

EVTruckGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
People whose dealerships were bought out have received similar emails from Ford, only to be told their reservations are intact upon calling Ford. This is despite the reservation no longer being visible online.

I would ask Ford if your reservation was truly canceled... Even if you don't plan on using it.

Roy2001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX LR; Prius Prime
Did you receive order notice? If so you need either place order or extend your reservation. If I were you I would email Ford to reestablish the preserve status and extend.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
More of a warning to others with reservations, first day, like mine, or otherwise. Went and looked at the Ford.com website and it shows the reservation canceled today.
Have you been looking at your reservation record on FORD.COM since Jan 6th, and never seen a prompt to place an order?

If I recall correctly anyone who had no offers to place an order were automatically extended into next model year 2023, though I could be wrong.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
No reasons to monitor the page. Nothing on the reservation about doing that monthly etc.
I was looking weekly because every email I get from ford diverts to my junk/spam folder, something funky with my email service or Outlook365, so being paranoid about it I was always on the lookout.

But, seeing as you got the cancel email, that would not be an issue for you.....

I still think something is totally wrong about this situation, you should contact them to straighten it out if you are still interested in a Lightning!!
Sponsored