• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 6/6 Lightning Build Week Group

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige
The more I’m educating myself on the topic, the more I’m understanding your predicament of having an existing solar system and compatibility with the SunRun HIS. As a fellow Oregonian, I reached out to SunRun about an equipment purchase-only option…their silence is deafening…as you suggest, they are probably monetizing their single-source status and priorities :)

I have a great electrical contractor that did the work when I built my house 14 yrs ago, who is luckily still in business, that I’ll be calling once I can find sufficient details on the Ford/SunRun charger. My current plan is to install a 40 amp wall outlet for the Ford portable L2 charger adjacent to the box for the 80 amp version. That will give me the option to use the portable charger like you until the

BTW, I just found this message on the Forum……
For my WA home, I ran 100amp (2ga SER) from a new panel, under the house to a junction box in preparation for the 80a charger. As the utility has a 50a charger for $200, I will hardwire that to the junction box using 6ga in a 3/4" flextight whip and these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UKG8DNU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 until I need a bigger charger, then upgrade the whip to 1", pull and strip more of the SER from under the house and run it to the new charger.
Sponsored

pstansel

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER, Hyundai EV6
Occupation
Engineer
Sadly it's not exactly a simple disconnect because of the neutral. You have to use something like a Generac 6852 or whatever to deal with that.

gorwell

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ioniq 5 / XLT Standard
Looks like my Pro got bumped back a week to join y’all! SR batteries getting no love from ford….
I don't think 1 week is likely a key difference (hopefully). Probably still in the margin of being shipped out around the same time.

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter
My Pro SR just got bumped from 5/30 to 6/6. Saw it happening to others, never thought it would happen to me. Whatever happened to Pros first! Oh well.

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
Allow my new PRO to join the crowd - moved back from 5/30 to now 6/6...
oh well, I guess my invitation to DRIVE the LIGHTNING didn't create their urgency to BUILD my vehicle any quicker! Although, secretly, I didn't mind the San Antonio heat and the enjoyment of touching, feeling, smelling, and sitting in the drivers seat of my PRO IcedBlueSilveMetallic that was there to actually 'see' : )

I just told me wife that while this 'seems' disappointing, if you were already near the end of a build week, such as number 499/500 for that week, likely it would then be built on the next work day, MONDAY, as the FIRST or SECOND vehicle for that week, which might be nice. If the trucking doesn't work on the weekends, then it might not really matter much....

but, I digress, who am I kidding??? I want it NOW!

Lightninorian

First Name
Damon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Pro
Occupation
Firefighter

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 L Lariat ER; Honda Accord Touring
For my WA home, I ran 100amp (2ga SER) from a new panel, under the house to a junction box in preparation for the 80a charger. As the utility has a 50a charger for $200, I will hardwire that to the junction box using 6ga in a 3/4" flextight whip and these https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00UKG8DNU/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&th=1 until I need a bigger charger, then upgrade the whip to 1", pull and strip more of the SER from under the house and run it to the new charger.
I got nowhere getting any HIS-related install info with SunRun, so I called the manufacturer Delta directly…they were very helpful. The Support person I talked to confirmed the need for two #8 conductors on the DC return from the EVSE (Charge Station Pro)…finally, an answer! The rep from Delta encouraged that self-installers and installing contractors contact them directly with any technical and/or installation questions.

From their BDI Technical Sheet:

Delta Electronics (Americas), Ltd.
46101 Fremont Blvd, Fremont, CA 94538

Sales Email: [email protected]
Support Email: [email protected]
Sales Hotline: +1-877-440-5851 or +1-626-369-8021
Support Hotline: +1-877-442-4832
Support (Intl.): +1-626-369-8019
Monday to Friday from 6am to 6pm PST (apart from Holidays)

www.Delta-Americas.com

Sponsored

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I am sadly no longer a part of this build group.
Sorry to see you go Doc, but I'm happy to report that I am still with the 6/6 group, made the cut and only 2 more week us 6/6'rs need to wait to see our blend dates!!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I got nowhere getting any HIS-related install info with SunRun, so I called the manufacturer Delta directly…they were very helpful. The Support person I talked to confirmed the need for two #8 conductors on the DC return from the EVSE (Charge Station Pro)…finally, an answer! The rep from Delta encouraged that self-installers and installing contractors contact them directly with any technical and/or installation questions.

www.Delta-Americas.com
Thanks, hopefully you shared this crucial information in the threads discussing the charging station and HIS installs!!!!! admission that I have not read any of those threads yet and won't see them until Sunday while I catch up on the build week date changes!!!

Firestop

First Name
Firestop
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks, hopefully you shared this crucial information in the threads discussing the charging station and HIS installs!!!!! admission that I have not read any of those threads yet and won't see them until Sunday while I catch up on the build week date changes!!!
I am…I encourage everyone to contact Delta Support directly. Their Support person recommended asking them via their email address so questions can be answered in writing…message to SunRun: Take a lesson from this…..getting this (and similar install) information shouldn’t be this hard!

PV2EV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Chevy Volt, 2006 Kubota L39, 2006 Suzuki Eige

www.Delta-Americas.com
Very cool, thanks! I am assuming that #8 copper.
Sponsored