• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 5/9 Lightning Build Week Group

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
For those on chip hold, don’t waste your time contacting Ford Customer service. You will get a canned response about supply constraints. When I asked the representative to explain why trucks with VINs above mine have been shipped and delivered the representative read the canned response again. No joke.

Let’s just say this securities lawyer is going to start to read Ford’s statements to the street and in 10K and Qs much more closely.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
also at plant on chip hold
VIN 3700s
I hope you get delivered before me. That is the way it should be.

I started off believing there was some method, but I am increasing believing the entire process is literally what ever is closest to the exit gets a chip and delivery.

Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
For those on chip hold, don’t waste your time contacting Ford Customer service. You will get a canned response about supply constraints. When I asked the representative to explain why trucks with VINs above mine have been shipped and delivered the representative read the canned response again. No joke.

Let’s just say this securities lawyer is going to start to read Ford’s statements to the street and in 10K and Qs much more closely.
Trucks weren't built in order of VIN. Scheduling depends on many factors including options and location of delivery.

Ford also intentionally introduces entropy into the system. This is meant to drive F150lightningforum members to insanity as quickly as possible.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
Trucks weren't built in order of VIN. Scheduling depends on many factors including options and location of delivery.

Ford also intentionally introduces entropy into the system. This is meant to drive F150lightningforum members to insanity as quickly as possible.
Good points. I do have to say that I am reviewing past statements Ford has made on supply constraints, and their statements and production practices do not match. Not a good place to be for a publicly traded company. A stock drop of a few dollars that can be associated with news of chip delays related to the Lightning will give a few plaintiff firms something to think about.

You can just look at Rivian and Romeo Power (edited originally said Canoo) for blue print to a 10b5 class action related to misleading statements about supply constraints and production.

Ford was aware there were constraints, made statements that there would be no impact, provided no corrective disclosure, subsequently reduces delivery.

Hell I should stop being a securities defense lawyer and open my own plaintiff firm just to bring this suit.

Last edited:

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I wouldn’t give Ford Chat Reps a hard time, it’s not like they schedule ship date or who gets a chip. What you can do is talk to your dealer who will have direct access to the plant(maybe)

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
I wouldn’t give Ford Chat Reps a hard time, it’s not like they schedule ship date or who gets a chip. What you can do is talk to your dealer who will have direct access to the plant(maybe)
100 percent agree. I was super nice. Just was surprised that the guidance is to repeat the canned response which is not much. Better to just say “chip hold no more information can be provided” end call.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Good points. I do have to say that I am reviewing past statements Ford has made on supply constraints, and their statements and production practices do not match. Not a good place to be for a publicly traded company. A stock drop of a few dollars that can be associated with news of chip delays related to the Lightning will give a few plaintiff firms something to think about.

You can just look at Rivian and Romeo Power (edited originally said Canoo) for blue print to a 10b5 class action related to misleading statements about supply constraints and production.

Ford was aware there were constraints, made statements that there would be no impact, provided no corrective disclosure, subsequently reduces delivery.

Hell I should stop being a securities defense lawyer and open my own plaintiff firm just to bring this suit.
If you want justice, you've come to the wrong place.

Sponsored

thegangler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 F150, 2017 Model S
I hope you get delivered before me. That is the way it should be.

I started off believing there was some method, but I am increasing believing the entire process is literally what ever is closest to the exit gets a chip and delivery.
Like the chip nazi? "No chip for you!"

Labs4Lightning

First Name
C
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
19 150 lariat, 22 lightning lariat blend 4/18/22
I'm 3600s and on chip hold - seems about right
Not related to vin Order.
‘I was blend 4/20, er lariat, I’m on chip hold.
saw somewhere on here a securities attorney posted, by shipping from all weeks ford sheds their SEC liabilities on mis statements of chip availability.
cheaper for ford to allocate chips to trucks in production when allocation arrives.
a few disappointed @FoMoCo customers is not their highest priority.

they know their allocations, it would be helpful if they would share expectations for our deliveries.
im just happy nobody has bought my truck yet. But my new vanity plates are going to look stupid on my ICE truck.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
Not related to vin Order.
‘I was blend 4/20, er lariat, I’m on chip hold.
saw somewhere on here a securities attorney posted, by shipping from all weeks ford sheds their SEC liabilities on mis statements of chip availability.
cheaper for ford to allocate chips to trucks in production when allocation arrives.
a few disappointed @FoMoCo customers is not their highest priority.

they know their allocations, it would be helpful if they would share expectations for our deliveries.
im just happy nobody has bought my truck yet. But my new vanity plates are going to look stupid on my ICE truck.
Sponsored