Sponsored

Red Platinum delivered to Metro Ford(Albany NY area)

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Just FYI... I was just passing Metro Ford on State St(Albany-Schenectady NY area) and there was a red Platinum lightning there.(not mine) Looked fresh off the truck..could see the shipping plastic and window sticker as I passed by.

I am 99% sure this is NOT the dealer demo as that is a white Lariat(I test drove that a couple weeks ago).

So if you have an order at metro Ford your truck *may* be delivered to the dealer.
Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER, 2021 Mach-e GT
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Just FYI... I was just passing Metro Ford on State St(Albany-Schenectady NY area) and there was a red Platinum lightning there.(not mine) Looked fresh off the truck..could see the shipping plastic and window sticker as I passed by.

I am 99% sure this is NOT the dealer demo as that is a white Lariat(I test drove that a couple weeks ago).

So if you have an order at metro Ford your truck *may* be delivered to the dealer.
Saw that one on their website as "pending delivery" a few weeks ago before they pulled them all off. Was stalking the site to try to track their demo.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Saw that one on their website as "pending delivery" a few weeks ago before they pulled them all off. Was stalking the site to try to track their demo.

So you won't be the first. :(

I talked to Yvonne(Internet Sales) when I was there. She is a nice lady. Talking allocations she said Metro got 8 trucks(allocations) in Waves 1-6, 6 more in the cleanup wave 7(the Lariat wave).

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
So you won't be the first. :(

I talked to Yvonne(Internet Sales) when I was there. She is a nice lady. Talking allocations she said Metro got 8 trucks(allocations) in Waves 1-6, 6 more in the cleanup wave 7(the Lariat wave).
She told me 15 total, so must have been 7 in the clean up wave

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
She told me 15 total, so must have been 7 in the clean up wave

I might have been..I do recall being surprised at 15 given the population of this area, but we are a ZEV state and the dealer probably does attract a lot of business from the rural areas. (If you live in upstate NY, you know)

I also remember her salesperson saying they had 6 wave7 allocations--so maybe they had already filled one before they called me. :)

Now if I could just get a build/production date. One step at a time...

Sponsored

sotek2345

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineering Manager
I might have been..I do recall being surprised at 15 given the population of this area, but we are a ZEV state and the dealer probably does attract a lot of business from the rural areas. (If you live in upstate NY, you know)

I also remember her salesperson saying they had 6 wave7 allocations--so maybe they had already filled one before they called me. :)

Now if I could just get a build/production date. One step at a time...
Exactly - Anthony did tel me there were like #3 in the country for Maverick sale!

knot_another_won

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT Max Tow, F-150 Lariat on order
Occupation
Engineer
It sounds like I'll have to stop by there in a couple of weeks when I drive out to Springfield, MA (from CNY) and back. I've been trying to get a hands on look at one for a while and Metro Ford is about as close as I've heard a Demo unit get to me.

OP
OP
greenne

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
For anyone interested...that Red Platinum is sitting out on the lot, window sticker and all. I have no idea whether its actually for sale(abandoned order) OR if someone is just really tardy picking up their truck.

Its been here 6 days and parked next to the street with their other new vehicles.

No visible ADM sticker on it...just std Monorony(sp?) window sticker.

Metro Ford
Schenectady NY

Platinum Red
Msrp $94k.

PS-- I know for a fact it is not their demo unit. The white demo Lariat is still parked next to the showroom. Green window sticker...there is a small sticker on the drivers door that says "Retail".

Good luck...
Ford F-150 Lightning Red Platinum delivered to Metro Ford(Albany NY area) 20220716_081225
Sponsored

Last edited: