• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

220V Adapter / Tesla Adapter

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning, Tesla Model X, F250 SD diesel 6.0
Just used to how my Tesla m3 charges. Hope the pro charger helps with at.
Yup - you just have to remember that for the same amount of power you put into both vehicles, you'll get far less miles on the F-150. My Model S took only 4.5 hours at 80A to charge from completely empty, but my Model X took 5.5 hours or so. The F-150 Lightning will take significantly more than that.

Your pro charger - provided you configure it for higher current charging, will save you charging time.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Yup - you just have to remember that for the same amount of power you put into both vehicles, you'll get far less miles on the F-150. My Model S took only 4.5 hours at 80A to charge from completely empty, but my Model X took 5.5 hours or so. The F-150 Lightning will take significantly more than that.

Your pro charger - provided you configure it for higher current charging, will save you charging time.
Agree - discussing charging rates in units of “miles per hour” can lead one to bad conclusions. No one ever pulls their ICE into a gas station and says ”I just put 250 miles of gas in my car”.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
So to clarify... whats is will be or supposed to be included with the F150L?

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So to clarify... whats is will be or supposed to be included with the F150L?
Included in every truck:
The Ford mobile charging bundle, consisting of a portable EVSE unit with 2 plug adapters - one for a 240V NEMA 14-50 stove/RV receptacle, and one for a standard 120V NEMA 5-15 household receptacle. It is supplied in a zipper case. This charging cord delivers up to 30A of current to the truck.

Included with the higher trim levels:
The Ford Charge Station Pro, a wall-mounted EVSE unit capable of delivering 80A of charging current to the vehicle.

NOT INCLUDED:
The adapter Ford included as a joke with early deliveries that could be used to charge a Tesla whose battery is dead on the road. If you want to purchase one:
https://smile.amazon.com/LENZ-Charging-Adapter-Certified-Compatible/dp/B07VR5QD56/ref=sr_1_5

NOT INCLUDED:
The cord required to plug another 240V EV into the outlet in the bed. A NEMA L14-30P to NEMA 14-50R adapter allows you to plug the mobile charging unit into the bed receptacle of the 9.6 Pro Power Onboard to charge another EV. If you wish to purchase one:
https://smile.amazon.com/CircleCord-Generator-Adapter-L14-30P-Trailer/dp/B08RBNQN5R/ref=sr_1_3

kWfart

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning-ER Lariat
I picked up my Lariat ER today and only received mobile charger and the adapter for 110 and 240V. Is the yellow 220v adapter to be included with all MY22 purchases?

Sponsored

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I picked up my Lariat ER today and only received mobile charger and the adapter for 110 and 240V. Is the yellow 220v adapter to be included with all MY22 purchases?
No. See my post just above yours. The very first trucks had those adapters included as a satirical joke toward Tesla.

As a Lariat owner, Sunrun will be shipping you a Ford Charge Station Pro, a wall-mounted device for your garage that will allow you to charge the truck at a much higher current level than the mobile adapter.

ericpullen

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 Lightning & 22 Mach-E
I just got one of these from Amazon, so now I'm better prepared to help out another EV owner if they needed a little bit of juice to make it to another charger.
Ford F-150 Lightning 220V Adapter / Tesla Adapter charger

FlasherZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just got one of these from Amazon, so now I'm better prepared to help out another EV owner if they needed a little bit of juice to make it to another charger.
The only thing that I will say with these is that you have to be careful which mobile connector you use with this. For example, this will not work properly with a first-gen Tesla UMC (which will attempt to draw 40A from that 30A circuit), and should trip the circuit breaker in the Pro Power onboard.

Other mobile connectors from other manufacturers may exhibit the same problem.

Technically, even the Ford mobile charger overdraws this circuit, because it will allow 30A current to flow and it should be limited to 24A by continuous load standards (whether or not the NEC applies notwithstanding).

So - what does this mean? Be careful. If the charged vehicle offers the option to reduce current draw, ask them to set it at 24A.
Sponsored