Sponsored

Co-Pilot on Window Sticker - NOT on Order Page?

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
So, when I went to order the Lariat trim, I ordered Max Tow and Tow Tech. The total options were 825 + 1395

But when I look at my window sticker, it has added $2200 for Co-pilot 360 2.0

What gives?
Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
Is your total option cost still the same $2220? I just built one on the configurator and if you select both tow packages the co-pilot 360 is "included" you just have to select it.

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
No, that's the funny part, Max tow and tow tech are the same price as Co-Pilot. But the window sticker shows 4440 total options, and the order was 2220

Sponsored

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
when you build the exact same truck on the configurator theres no charge for the co-pilot 360. wonder if theres an issue with the configurator. Sounds like typical ford BS, charge full price for a package even though most of the equipment for that package is included in another one you selected (fx4 on my 19 was basically for a sticker and a skid plate because i had max tow)

DarkAirforce

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion Hybrid
Looks like your equipment group is wrong, you should have 511A.
That might be for Extended Range.

Samoflange

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
I had the same thing happen with my Lariat SR. During the order I wanted tow tech and max tow, saw that it bundles that with the Co-pilot with no additional cost for co-pilot, and I even contacted a Ford agent to ask if that was a mistake, and they said that was correct. Now my window sticker shows the full charge for co-pilot on top of the tow options, just like yours.

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
I had the same thing happen with my Lariat SR. During the order I wanted tow tech and max tow, saw that it bundles that with the Co-pilot with no additional cost for co-pilot, and I even contacted a Ford agent to ask if that was a mistake, and they said that was correct. Now my window sticker shows the full charge for co-pilot on top of the tow options, just like yours.
I would certainly be happy with Blue Cruise. But seems like a bait and switch to not show the amount when you order. It would have been easy enough for them to bundle tow tech with Co-pilot and charge for that.

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
seems like the numbers work out about right as the difference between the 510A and 511A packages, in your case, is basically the $8,000 ER battery upgrade...
511A Lariats shows an 'all inclusive' $10,000 flat additional amount for the option, including ACTIVE

I'm glad to see that you can still GET the ACTIVE feature even if you don't get the ER battery... nice.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer

BoostedKWs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting Lariat SR
Occupation
EV Charging Engineering Director
I have the same situation. In my case I skipped the max tow, but went with the Tow Tech with CoPilot 2.0 which is 1395, same as tow tech on its own. Come to see that I'm paying 1395 for the tow tech and then 2200 for the copilot on the window sticker. My sales manager contacted their Ford rep who sent it to the lightning team, no response yet. I'm going to be calling customer service soon and raising it with them. Pretty ridiculous that I'm paying for something that was shown as being included, and still shows that on the 23 b&p!

OP
OP

beerhoffman

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 SR built
Occupation
Accountant
I appreciate all the responses here. I haven't reached out to my Dealer as of yet, but my blend date is coming up so it might be time to give them a ring. If @Ford Motor Company reaches out to anyone or the dealer gives you a heads up, that would be awesome.

Did I read that some people had "built" their options out at the dealer? Or was everyone required to do that online? My dealer asked me to do it online, and they weren't very helpful when I asked the questions about CoPilot and Blue Cruise.

This certainly could have been handled better by Ford. I'm not happy with $2200 worth of options I didn't elect.

Boltupfan

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 focus EV, 2020 Durango RT
Occupation
Insurance
The option you have on the truck is for co-pilot active 2.0. This is an upgraded co-pilot program from co-pilot assist 2.0. Ford makes this very complicated to understand by using copilot in both but the assist is the lane nanny that jerk’s you back if you run over the bots dots while the “active” is the system with adaptive cruise control and lane centering that will effectively work like Tesla’s autopilot to keep you centered in the lane and match speed at your set target speed and following distance from the car in front of you. The active system also comes with all of the prep items required to activate the blue cruise system which makes all that fun stuff hands free for a subscription fee. The active system is great in stop and go traffic and for long trips. The assist system is basically all of the standard warning stuff you’ve become accustomed to on just about any car made since 2019 like back up sensors, lane nanny, and forward collision avoidance auto breaking and warning. The active system is an option only add on on the standard range XLT not included in any other package. Unfortunately it’s not available at all on the pro which only gets the assist system.
Sponsored