Sponsored

✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning
So I got home to my truck and ordered stuff from Amazon to meet me at home.

After extensive research, I have decided this design provided a significant CD improvement. The rounded sides and top allows it to shed air friction much easier. By my estimates, this should have added anywhere from 10-20 miles of range, and I think that’s being conservative.

57899EB5-9031-43E8-96D4-B9009C1F93D7.jpeg

After installing it, my wife goes. I don’t like it. I asked her why and she goes “Now I have a little little dick on my side too” We’ll played Mrs Yellow Buddy. We’ll played..
I thought about putting a stubby on it but I have come to enjoy the sheer panic that ensues every time I hit a sign with it in the work garage. It wakes me up better than coffee.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
So one evening with the truck, just about 100 miles and here’s my thoughts so far.

1) I should’ve gotten the tow tech package.

2) My vehicle got 2.1mi/kWh while I was gone. With me behind the wheel so far I’m getting 3.2mi/kWh at about 80F and going as high as 4.1mi/kWh when the temps came down to about 68F. This isn’t trying, this is just me driving normal - with about 6+ years and 200,000+ miles of EV driving experience.

3) I should have gotten the tow tech package.

4) Do I really need any more than this? I find myself asking this question to myself every time I drive it.

5) Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come…
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group CBA79774-1802-4187-8F5E-522E72C90D85

Normally I’d plug it but It’s in a tricky spot to plug it, I’d have to drill out the tread to get my plug tool in, might just take it to get a patch instead.

Lastly…did I mention I should have gotten the tow tech package?

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 VW ID.4, 2022 Polestar 2, 2016 Ram 1500
So one evening with the truck, just about 100 miles and here’s my thoughts so far.

1) I should’ve gotten the tow tech package.

2) My vehicle got 2.1mi/kWh while I was gone. With me behind the wheel so far I’m getting 3.2mi/kWh at about 80F and going as high as 4.1mi/kWh when the temps came down to about 68F. This isn’t trying, this is just me driving normal - with about 6+ years and 200,000+ miles of EV driving experience.

3) I should have gotten the tow tech package.

4) Do I really need any more than this? I find myself asking this question to myself every time I drive it.

5) Hopefully this is not a sign of things to come…
CBA79774-1802-4187-8F5E-522E72C90D85.jpeg

Normally I’d plug it but It’s in a tricky spot to plug it, I’d have to drill out the tread to get my plug tool in, might just take it to get a patch instead.

Lastly…did I mention I should have gotten the tow tech package?
Plug it unless you have access to equipment yourself. Every shop is going to give you the “it’s too close to the sidewall schpiel”. No problem to drill or ream it.

Tow tech for zone lighting or 360 camera or what?

O’Majestic1’slightnigF150

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F350 F250 F250 Taurus Cessna Super Air Natique
Occupation
Retired Engineer & Product Developer
@Ford Senior Master, @Ford Commercial Sales. Can one of you find the passenger side fake charger cover part number and price? Are they available? We’ve got another thread going about putting a hinge on there and using the space for storage, remote jumper cable / battery terminals access to the 12v AMG motorcycle battery behind the trunk. Attached a couple pictures, one has some of the part sticker visible. Thanks!

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group 85B5C235-38C9-4182-A401-651B096E620D

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 7/11/22 Lightning Build Week Group 867ECCB6-A42D-458B-ABA0-91C854DAD3CA

Sponsored

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
Plug it unless you have access to equipment yourself. Every shop is going to give you the “it’s too close to the sidewall schpiel”. No problem to drill or ream it.

Tow tech for zone lighting or 360 camera or what?
I’ve got a guy that I go to for all my tire swaps that’s reasonable. He knows because I never buy my tires, TPMS or any other parts from him. He just charges me labor. It’ll be about $20 for him to pop the beat and patch it up.

And tow tech for all of the above. Zone lighting because then my running boards would power on. It does get pretty dark around the truck. Then pulling it in, I’m not used to the dimensions compared to my Ridgeline, and with no front sonar a 360 camera would be helpful.

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I’ve got a guy that I go to for all my tire swaps that’s reasonable. He knows because I never buy my tires, TPMS or any other parts from him. He just charges me labor. It’ll be about $20 for him to pop the beat and patch it up.

And tow tech for all of the above. Zone lighting because then my running boards would power on. It does get pretty dark around the truck. Then pulling it in, I’m not used to the dimensions compared to my Ridgeline, and with no front sonar a 360 camera would be helpful.
I’m in your shoes. I decided to add it late May (mainly for the 360) but dealer said they couldn’t as window sticker had already been issued.

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So I think the CSX status hotline said something like “empty…has had waybill data reported…and there’s no ETA available”.

I presume it’s been unloaded but United Road is still a nothing burger for my VIN.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Smart Ass
So I think the CSX status hotline said something like “empty…has had waybill data reported…and there’s no ETA available”.

I presume it’s been unloaded but United Road is still a nothing burger for my VIN.
If it’s empty, your truck has been unloaded and ready for convoy pickup. Did you ever show on United road? It’s possible you may get picked up by another convoy company. Might be time for another VVR check

Sponsored

krusshall

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If it’s empty, your truck has been unloaded and ready for convoy pickup. Did you ever show on United road? It’s possible you may get picked up by another convoy company. Might be time for another VVR check
United Road hasn’t given me anything even now.

Ffxdude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lightning

I had a delay of about a day or so when I got a similar response from NS and when it showed up in united Roads system as active.

Ford Senior Master

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Pro, 2023.5 MachE on the way
Occupation
Service Manager
@Ford Senior Master, @Ford Commercial Sales. Can one of you find the passenger side fake charger cover part number and price? Are they available? We’ve got another thread going about putting a hinge on there and using the space for storage, remote jumper cable / battery terminals access to the 12v AMG motorcycle battery behind the trunk. Attached a couple pictures, one has some of the part sticker visible. Thanks!

85B5C235-38C9-4182-A401-651B096E620D.jpeg

867ECCB6-A42D-458B-ABA0-91C854DAD3CA.jpeg
They are molded in color so each color has its own part number.
The basic part number should be 16720. It will be NL3Z-16720-XX with the XX part changing based on the color.