Sponsored

Any Wave 3 MY2023 Lightning order invites yet ?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
So those that want a pro are just boned. We lose our reservation.
I've posted about this multiple times.

The answer is yes, and this is going to be the most egregious thing Ford does.

Now someone way behind you in reservations may get the chance to order a MY24 Pro, but you are SOL.

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer

Now someone way behind you in reservations may get the chance to order a MY24 Pro, but you are SOL.
Ya this was my understanding before today as well. I was just hopeful at least wave 3 would have a few pros open back up.
This is pretty disappointing. Guess I'm looking at different options. Ford will still sell all they can build without me and I don't blame them for maximizing profits.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Ya this was my understanding before today as well. I was just hopeful at least wave 3 would have a few pros open back up.
This is pretty disappointing. Guess I'm looking at different options. Ford will still sell all they can build without me and I don't blame them for maximizing profits.
Ford is hoping FOMO is going to force people to order an overpriced XLT (relative to the Pro).

mattb

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT
ordered an XLT. who wants to trade for a pro? ha.

Sponsored

orangefirefish

First Name
Sheen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mach E

I would go ahead and order XLT as long as the deposit is refundable. Then wait and see what happens, maybe they open up reservations for the PRO, maybe not, but at least when the truck is delivered you have the option to sell back to the dealer, cancel, or take delivery. You cancel now you get jack squat.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
So frustrating….have order page, no order button. Tried all the tricks.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER

skattch

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
Wave-2 XLT focused ordering opportunity.
I thought they had an expiration date of 9/5!!!!!
Does it still work,?
I don't think it would have. I received my original invite to order 4/19/22 but I pushed it. I wanted the Platinum but was not ready to make the financial commitment at that time. So I told them I wanted a XLT which was sold out for the '22 MY. They gave me an extension to the '23 MY.

When I received the second invitation they gave me just 10 days to order or loose my place so order my Platinum I did. That was a week ago.

Now I would love some idea of how long it takes to get scheduled? My guess is the next wave of Platinum orders which may be sooner or later.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I would go ahead and order XLT as long as the deposit is refundable. Then wait and see what happens, maybe they open up reservations for the PRO, maybe not, but at least when the truck is delivered you have the option to sell back to the dealer, cancel, or take delivery. You cancel now you get jack squat.
If the Pro's didn't open up for this Wave...they aren't opening up at all for MY23.

This Wave is fresh reservations, not extensions.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
If I'm not going to buy it anyway why not just order a lariat ER. That's going to be the most popular trim and probably resell for the most profit.

lancersrock

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Honda Pilot, 2011 Mustang GT, 2013 fusion se
Occupation
Field Engineer
I cant believe i just submitted an order for an $87k truck.... Ford got me hook line and sinker. I reserved for the pro and then accepted i would take a xlt with only tow tech if pro wasnt available but then i started worrying about winter range (150 mile daily drive) so Lariat ER is it. What shocks me is an XLT ER is in no mans land price wise, why save $3k vs a lariat when your already spending $80k. They really needed XLT ER plus tow tech for Under $80k....

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
I cant believe i just submitted an order for an $87k truck.... Ford got me hook line and sinker. I reserved for the pro and then accepted i would take a xlt with only tow tech if pro wasnt available but then i started worrying about winter range (150 mile daily drive) so Lariat ER is it. What shocks me is an XLT ER is in no mans land price wise, why save $3k vs a lariat when your already spending $80k. They really needed XLT ER plus tow tech for Under $80k....
I can't fathom deciding to spend double my original intent for just about anything. How many items in life do I really value at twice the original price? If I see a sign for a 99¢ coke. Ok maybe I'll pay $2 for it, but I'd probably think for a minute if I could just have water instead. Spending almost $40k more than I originally intended on a truck...I don't think I'd have wanted the pro if I could afford the lariat.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
XLT is poorly priced, unfortunately.

The Pro is a much better value than the XLT SR.
The Lariat ER is so close in price to the XLT ER that it also becomes a weak value.

That being said, with the lack of Pro's it's understandable those wanting a XLT SR as it's currently the cheapest option to get into a Lightning.
Sponsored