Sponsored

Did anyone see their pricing go up on their order recently? Mine now above 80k

firstFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I log into my account often to see if I have received a production date. I was surprised as heck to see my order price now above 80k! Anyone else have this happen? Any clue what may have happened?

I did notice when I ordered my truck that it seemed to be a good deal if you ordered the Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 with Tow Technology Package. Did ford screw up and now change pricing under my nose without telling me? I was right below 80k and now I'm almost 1k over.

I'm looking for advice on how to go forward. I want ford to honor the original price. I also don't want to be screwed over on the tax credit.
Sponsored

jb56

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Ford F150 Lariat
I log into my account often to see if I have received a production date. I was surprised as heck to see my order price now above 80k! Anyone else have this happen? Any clue what may have happened?

I did notice when I ordered my truck that it seemed to be a good deal if you ordered the Ford Co-Pilot360 Active 2.0 with Tow Technology Package. Did ford screw up and now change pricing under my nose without telling me? I was right below 80k and now I'm almost 1k over.

I'm looking for advice on how to go forward. I want ford to honor the original price. I also don't want to be screwed over on the tax credit.
I am not 100% certain on this and I'm no accountant, but it does appear from everything I've read that if you take delivery before January 1st, the $80,000 cap does not apply.

So if you are set to pay more than $7500 in federal taxes this year and take delivery in December, you should still get the credit even if your order is above $80,000.

No idea on the price increase though. Ford sucks and communicating this stuff.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
If you ordered a Lariat SR and added the Co-Pilot Active and Tow Tech Package (IIRC), there was a pricing issue on the online build and price that didn't add in the $2200 for the price of the Active Assist.

The price wasn't changed. Your dealer should have sent you a copy of the order which would have had the correct pricing on it.

Can you fight it? I think one person on here commented that their dealer is giving them the price that was reflected in the Build and Price. The rest were told to pound sand.

EvEddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Ligthning
This happend to me.. I had the dealer remove the 360 package as it showed free on the config tool but then added $2200 when the dealer did the order. They removed it and sent me the build. My online build also shows its not selected and im at $79k. I just got the window sticker and it shows the 360 as selected taking me to $81k and over the limit. My dealer said ford cant change the order so ive asked who is paying for it?

Also as far as tax credit - im seeing conflicting info.. some are saying if you take delivery in 22 your ok but others say you had to have the order before the august passing of the bill or the 23 rules apply... which is it?

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
This happend to me.. I had the dealer remove the 360 package as it showed free on the config tool but then added $2200 when the dealer did the order. They removed it and sent me the build. My online build also shows its not selected and im at $79k. I just got the window sticker and it shows the 360 as selected taking me to $81k and over the limit. My dealer said ford cant change the order so ive asked who is paying for it?

Also as far as tax credit - im seeing conflicting info.. some are saying if you take delivery in 22 your ok but others say you had to have the order before the august passing of the bill or the 23 rules apply... which is it?
The IRS couldn't care less when you ordered. You have to take delivery prior to 1/1/23 for 2022 tax credits.

Whoever said you had to have ordered prior to the new bill has no idea what they're talking about & serves as proof of why you shouldn't take tax advice from strangers on the internet.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
My dealer said ford cant change the order so ive asked who is paying for it?
Unfortunately, you will most likely have to pay for it.

The other option...you refuse to pay for it and the dealer happily takes your truck off your hands.

Not "fair", but it is what it is.

GarageMahal

First Name
JT
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT SR; 2003 Mercury Marauder (For Sale)
Occupation
Data Wrangler
If you take delivery in 2022 you can use the old rules, i.e. $7500 credit with the only new restriction being "made in USA" which is not an issue for the Lightning. There was a big rush by foreign auto makers to get an order grandfathered in before the law passed but that never applied to Ford.
Sponsored