Sponsored

Dealer for service in MA?

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
I'm due for my 10k mile service. I also have the step delamination issue on both sides of my Lariat.

I'm trying to figure out who I should bring it to. I'm in MA around 495/Rte2. If anybody has any EV service experiences, positive or negative from any of the local dealerships I'd love to hear them! Who do you like?
Sponsored

Mike Dubs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
Hi Ivan. I live near you in Acton MA. I bought my lightning at Acton Ford, but have not used them yet for service on the lightning. I have used them for service on other non-ford vehicles and have been satisfied. I live very close to them, so this was my likely service destination. Do you have any hesitation using them?

OP
OP

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Hi Ivan. I live near you in Acton MA. I bought my lightning at Acton Ford, but have not used them yet for service on the lightning. I have used them for service on other non-ford vehicles and have been satisfied. I live very close to them, so this was my likely service destination. Do you have any hesitation using them?
I've bought parts there before for my old truck. They're not the closest dealer to me, but other than that my only hesitation was I wanted to know somebody had a good EV experience somewhere first before I took the truck there.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
A bit of a drive for you, but Grappone in Bow NH (Concord) claims to have one of the top EV technicians in the country. Has attended several Ford EV classes and doing more in October.

I haven't used them for service yet, but buying experience was great.

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat
I'm due for my 10k mile service. I also have the step delamination issue on both sides of my Lariat.

I'm trying to figure out who I should bring it to. I'm in MA around 495/Rte2. If anybody has any EV service experiences, positive or negative from any of the local dealerships I'd love to hear them! Who do you like?
I just had a battery module recall on my Lightning ER. It was purchased at Acton Ford and they did the work to replace the module. The only issue was it took 3 weeks to get the replacement part, but that was beyond their control. Once they got the part, they completed the work in 1.5 days, accommodated me with a free loaner car the whole time they had my truck, sent me pictures of the job, and the truck is fine now.

Sponsored

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I had some issues with Colonial Ford in Marlboro. I have purchased many vehicles from Herb Chambers in Westboro so I’m going to try them for my Lightning, to fix up with Colonial did to my truck. It’s a drive but in the past they have provided good service. Although I’m not sure they will arrange a loaner for me (but Ford Corp support promises to reimburse me, I just have to do it myself… at least that way I can choose the vehicle I want for a couple of days).

I’m definitely interested in everybody else’s experiences with MA dealers and the Ford EVs.

FirstF150InCasco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I bought my Lightning -- the first Lightning delivered in Greater Boston -- from Bonnell Ford in Winchester (where I've been buying fords for 30 years.) I always use them for service. I’ve had three things done there in the last 14 months: 1. A repair of the front light bar (which was installed incorrectly in the factory, according to the photo taken at the end of the production line). 2. Body work (due to someone keying my car in Brighton.) 3. Inspection.

OP
OP

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Per Chris' recommendation above I scheduled with Acton and they've offered to come pick the truck up and bring it back when they're done. So far so good!

Re: Herb Chambers above; Back last September Herb Chambers Braintree called me and offered to sell me somebody else's custom order Lightning if I was willing to go sufficiently above sticker (I didn't). I've also had Herb Chambers BMW insist that they needed to do $3000 of teardown diagnostics before they would do an extended warranty HPFP replacement even though I was having the literal symptom from the TSB (and the problem went away when I had another dealer do the repair). They were going to kindly credit the diagnostic fee to any (no cost, warranty) repair work that they were going to need to do afterwards though. Somebody must have a good experience there though. Otherwise how do you become a billionaire as a car salesman?

Mike Dubs

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC90
I've bought parts there before for my old truck. They're not the closest dealer to me, but other than that my only hesitation was I wanted to know somebody had a good EV experience somewhere first before I took the truck there.
So I got my $10K service done along with the long list of recalls (dash, heated steering wheel, back light bar, etc.) at Acton Ford during the first week of Dec. They did the work in 2 full days and gave me a F150 loaner. Overall, the experience was very positive and I would recommend. Since I live only 1 mile away, I am very happy to use them moving forward.

Philipa902

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended Range
I had some issues with Colonial Ford in Marlboro. I have purchased many vehicles from Herb Chambers in Westboro so I’m going to try them for my Lightning, to fix up with Colonial did to my truck. It’s a drive but in the past they have provided good service. Although I’m not sure they will arrange a loaner for me (but Ford Corp support promises to reimburse me, I just have to do it myself… at least that way I can choose the vehicle I want for a couple of days).

I’m definitely interested in everybody else’s experiences with MA dealers and the Ford EVs.
I went to colonial in February to buy a lightning cuz they had it listed for like 6700 Dollars off. I went in test drove and sat down to talk numbers. The salesman said the discount was real while we were test driving. Then I asked if they do point of sale federal tax credit. He asked his manager who informed him that the 6700 was from the federal tax credit. I was like, but the federal tax credit is 7500 Dollars. They said they keep some so they can make a profit. I noped out of there immediately. I literally laughed when he said that knowing other dealers in the area were offering 1000 - 3500 off in dealer discounts prior to tax credit. I decided to drive up to New Hampshire and bought a lariat ER from Monadnock instead. They offered 5600 dealer discount which was added to the federal point of sale rebate and Ford's manufacturer rebate.
I love next to Herb Chambers since I live in Shrewsbury so will likely go there for service but I will not go near colonial Ford again. Sad I don't live closer to monadnock or grappone ford in bow which I had heard great things about.

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I went to colonial in February to buy a lightning cuz they had it listed for like 6700 Dollars off. I went in test drove and sat down to talk numbers. The salesman said the discount was real while we were test driving. Then I asked if they do point of sale federal tax credit. He asked his manager who informed him that the 6700 was from the federal tax credit. I was like, but the federal tax credit is 7500 Dollars. They said they keep some so they can make a profit. I noped out of there immediately. I literally laughed when he said that knowing other dealers in the area were offering 1000 - 3500 off in dealer discounts prior to tax credit. I decided to drive up to New Hampshire and bought a lariat ER from Monadnock instead. They offered 5600 dealer discount which was added to the federal point of sale rebate and Ford's manufacturer rebate.
I love next to Herb Chambers since I live in Shrewsbury so will likely go there for service but I will not go near colonial Ford again. Sad I don't live closer to monadnock or grappone ford in bow which I had heard great things about.
I will say that Herb Chambers Ford has done right by my Lightning. They are always happy to deal with the various recalls. I just picked up my newly tinted Lightning today, they matched the front side windows with the rears and it's awesome.
Sponsored