• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
Assuming you're completing the title and body of the draft post it should build a new thread
1694310821783.png

How are you viewing the site?
[Desktop /laptop browser, mobile device web browser or mobile device]

Maybe clear the cache on the browser or device and try again, also log out of the site and re-login.
Thank you for helping me find my mistake.
Sponsored

CrazyAsianR6

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Toyota Supra | 2017 F350 Superduty 6.7L
Occupation
Social Worker / Military
Well here we are 3 weeks later. Where we at exactly? Are trucks being build if the BCE are provided.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
Well here we are 3 weeks later. Where we at exactly? Are trucks being build if the BCE are provided.
Holding pattern. We're all waiting. Everyone since 7/31. They have over 10k trucks in Dearborn and everyone is speculating as to why. Could be a chip hold, could be a part hold, could be quality control hold. They could all be released tomorrow. Or not. Everyone is waiting. My hope is that they have an alternate plan for when and if the strike happens. They hopefully do, because $800 million in trucks sitting in a parking lot does them no good. Speculation says that UAW workers are not involved in the next steps of completing or delivering, but will teamster trucking companies cross picket lines to pick up vehicles? Lots of wondering. I have a friend that is supposed to go to Roush next week for a completely different vehicle, but I've asked him to ask some questions and see what he can find out, or whispers he hears. They do some of the after factory repairs for Ford. Word around the block is that they have lots of Lightnings stacking up.

danelawson42

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT w/ build week 8/21
Occupation
ER Nurse

Anyone who wants to retweet Jim Farley about the delay, here is the question I posed on Twitter/X. I never even use that platform, but figured if enough people retweet it at him he just might answer.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Anyone who wants to retweet Jim Farley about the delay, here is the question I posed on Twitter/X. I never even use that platform, but figured if enough people retweet it at him he just might answer.

9236 at the moment but it would be good to know what the hold up is

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Ahh I see, I was going with about 2,500 a week for six weeks. Either way, still a lot of inventory!
Here is the data I've been tracking, note the 9/11 build week will be delayed a couple more days.
The value of 9236 covers 7/31 to 9/3 blend days.
Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/21/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 1694551207654

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, I did something bold today. I found a local dealership (Fuller Ford in Cincinnati) willing to order my exact truck (Lariat SR) for $5,000 below MSRP. It is now a done deal.
A dealership in Columbus, Ohio and in Warren, Ohio were also willing to take that deal..

My original and closest Ford dealer refused to move off of MSRP. I'll be reaching out to them to cancel and nicely ask them to refund my $500 deposit and $100 reservation fee.

So, was this a smart move or dumb? I'm in no hurry to get the truck and am hoping to take delivery in December. As long as I don't lose the $7,500 tax credit, delivery next year won't be a problem.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Well, I did something bold today. I found a local dealership (Fuller Ford in Cincinnati) willing to order my exact truck (Lariat SR) for $5,000 below MSRP. It is now a done deal.
A dealership in Columbus, Ohio and in Warren, Ohio were also willing to take that deal..

My original and closest Ford dealer refused to move off of MSRP. I'll be reaching out to them to cancel and nicely ask them to refund my $500 deposit and $100 reservation fee.

So, was this a smart move or dumb? I'm in no hurry to get the truck and am hoping to take delivery in December. As long as I don't lose the $7,500 tax credit, delivery next year won't be a problem.
Smart move

casanewt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 KIA Sportage PHEV/2022 Aprilia Tuareg

If you don't really want it until December, I don't think any of these options are crazy. One other option will be to buy off the lot soon. I would wager money that once Ford's Lightning production increases start getting a ton more to the dealers, we are going to see some serious markdowns in the next few months. I think it will take some time for demand to meet the production numbers they are currently ramping up to. Heck, we may see Ford drop prices again. Just my opinion.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My new truck order placed on 9/13/2023 is moving along. As of today (9/14/2023), it is scheduled for production the week of 11/13/2023. I also have my new VIN. This is encouraging.

danelawson42

First Name
Dane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning XLT w/ build week 8/21
Occupation
ER Nurse
Last edited by a moderator:

jhipp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Hi all, new here. Been waiting for my Lightning XLT since what seems like the beginning of time. I got a VIN, I got a scheduled build week of 8/21, then an email saying its delayed. Any idea how far behind production is? Its been a month since my scheduled build date and haven't heard anything or seen an update to my build on the Ford website.

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Hi all, new here. Been waiting for my Lightning XLT since what seems like the beginning of time. I got a VIN, I got a scheduled build week of 8/21, then an email saying its delayed. Any idea how far behind production is? Its been a month since my scheduled build date and haven't heard anything or seen an update to my build on the Ford website.
Trucks originally schedule the week of 8/21, ran down the line during the week of 8/28, all should have an IN PRODUCTION flag date, and a few may even show a BUILT date, but all trucks in production since 7/31, upwards of 11, 832 trucks are awaiting a BUILT date and an approval to ship.

Share your VIN on the public order tracker or DM me if you want to stay private, I can look it up to confirm hat your truck is likely the same status as others for that week.
Sponsored