Sponsored

✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023)

scottlanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning Lariat (In fords holding lot:)
This showed up yesterday about 12 days after taking delivery which was faster than I expected . I did call sunrun to confirm they would ship it as soon as they got notice from Ford of sale, they do not service my area but now apparently have sub contractors that do. They wanted to send them out to do an evaluation, it sounded to me like a more expensive option, but right now I am still having trouble getting local electricians to follow through with an estimate so hoping I don't regret that decision

Ford F-150 Lightning ✅ 8/7/2023 Lightning Build Week Group (MY2023) 16984118251268545243808875292749
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This showed up yesterday about 12 days after taking delivery which was faster than I expected . I did call sunrun to confirm they would ship it as soon as they got notice from Ford of sale, they do not service my area but now apparently have sub contractors that do. They wanted to send them out to do an evaluation, it sounded to me like a more expensive option, but right now I am still having trouble getting local electricians to follow through with an estimate so hoping I don't regret that decision

16984118251268545243808875292749.jpg
They should do fine, just don't fall for any up sales you're not interested in, HIS & SOLAR were hard pushes when I first talked to SunRun. Being as you're going to deal with a local sub through them I suspect a better experience. Just make sure they wire and configure the FCSP to it's maximum capacity if your home electrical system can accommodate without incurring astronomical update costs.

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
They should do fine, just don't fall for any up sales you're not interested in, HIS & SOLAR were hard pushes when I first talked to SunRun. Being as you're going to deal with a local sub through them I suspect a better experience. Just make sure they wire and configure the FCSP to it's maximum capacity if your home electrical system can accommodate without incurring astronomical update costs.
I do not like to say "bad" things about companies - but this Ford Sunrun "partnership" is frankly not great - between pushing the dealer to mark the Truck sold and just getting Sunrun to ship it - multiple calls. This Charger should have been in the Frunk like the mobile charger (if you ordered it). Sorry for the Rant - but poor customer experience will push customers away from Sunrun.. I "hope" I get the charger by the end of next week so I can schedule with my electrician.

Ford if you are listening - put the charger in the Frunk :)

ncollins516

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER

Great to hear! I'm already getting anxious for mine to arrive.

I called Sunrun yesterday and they said it shows my truck still in production even though it's been sitting in my garage since Tuesday.. Dealer says it can take a week for SunRun to get the info...

I'm already all wired up and just waiting the charger..

ncollins516

First Name
N
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I do not like to say "bad" things about companies - but this Ford Sunrun "partnership" is frankly not great - between pushing the dealer to mark the Truck sold and just getting Sunrun to ship it - multiple calls. This Charger should have been in the Frunk like the mobile charger (if you ordered it). Sorry for the Rant - but poor customer experience will push customers away from Sunrun.. I "hope" I get the charger by the end of next week so I can schedule with my electrician.

Ford if you are listening - put the charger in the Frunk :)
Can't agree more.. ridiculous that I can only charge with 120 right now... and my only choice is to wait for SunRun to get the signal I own the truck or pay for a charger myself.

Sponsored

TruckTyrant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota 4Runner, Volswagon GTi, F150 Lightning
Occupation
Software Engineer

I got a quote from SunRun to do the following

Add a 125 amp Sub panel
Relocate 4 circuits from my existing panel to the sub panel
Add a 100 amp breaker feeding the Sub Panel
Run 65 feet of conduit through the basement ceiling to the garage
Install a 100 amp disconnect switch next to the Pro Charger
Install the Pro Charger
This included 75 feet of #3 thhn copper wire 2 wires and ground

They quoted me a price of $3500 dollars

I hired an independent contractor and he did all of that for $2200

TruckTyrant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
I just got off of the phone with Ford Customer Relations and they said that my F150 was moved yesterday and is awaiting carrier shipment to Wilmington. That is promising!

I bitched and bitched about the fact that I cant get my Pro Charger from SunRun ahead of delivery and also the fact that SunRun doesnt have a contractor trained to install the home integration package in Southeastern PA.

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
Those still under watch.
1698355606474.png
I don't quite understand my truck situation. Two days ago received the email from Ford saying my truck has been delivered to my dealership, so to contact them for the end sale process. Called Ford Customer Service yesterday and they confirmed again that my truck has been delivered to my dealership.
Contacted my dealership by email 2 days ago and text message today.... and not a word. Their website still shows my trucks listed with VIN, pictures and specs but "in transit" ...... Mystery!!

Oh yeah, the Ford production tracker still shows my truck "in production" since 8/15/23.... No change!! :unsure:

OP
OP
TaxmanHog

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I don't quite understand my truck situation. Two days ago received the email from Ford saying my truck has been delivered to my dealership, so to contact them for the end sale process. Called Ford Customer Service yesterday and they confirmed again that my truck has been delivered to my dealership.
Contacted my dealership by email 2 days ago and text message today.... and not a word. Their website still shows my trucks listed with VIN, pictures and specs but "in transit" ...... Mystery!!

Oh yeah, the Ford production tracker still shows my truck "in production" since 8/15/23.... No change!! :unsure:

There have been a couple instances of tracker stuck in IP or BUILT and suddenly appearing as in Final Preparations. Can you get down there and walk the lot to see if it's there?

scottlanger

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightning Lariat (In fords holding lot:)

I bet it is there, I called my salesman right after I got the email that said it's time to finalize your purchase and he told me it showed up 35 minutes before that so that part of the tracker seemed to work. Perhaps your salesman is on vacation or maybe they are working through several of them showing up and doing the final prepping. My dealer said 4 of them showed up on the same day, my persistence got to me the front of the line :)

Sponsored

JL13

First Name
José
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Platinum
Occupation
Retired
There have been a couple instances of tracker stuck in IP or BUILT and suddenly appearing as in Final Preparations. Can you get down there and walk the lot to see if it's there?
Thank you for the suggestion to go take a look in person at the dealership, and I will have to do that in a few days now...
I have been feeling under the weather for about a week, and just out talking with the family, they suggested to test for COVID 19..... Bingo; despite of being fully vaccinated the testing came back positive; so I will have to isolate myself for another week or so... Bummer!!😷💊🤒

TruckTyrant

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Engineer
Just talked to Ford and the rep was confused by my Trucks current status because it was moved to Quality Inspection with a status of "Final Delivery"

my dealer just called me as well to tell me that they noticed that status on Friday and opened a ticket with Ford.

Sigh...

itdwebman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 TOYT 4Runner, 2023 Lariat ER
Can't agree more.. ridiculous that I can only charge with 120 right now... and my only choice is to wait for SunRun to get the signal I own the truck or pay for a charger myself.
@TaxmanHog how do I communicate to Ford that the Sunrun shipment process for the chargers is broken and having customers wait 10-15 business days for a Charger that should have been in the truck is not good PR for Ford or their vendor SunRun. Please give be a channel as this is not good for the EV experience - especially with EV sales sliding now.

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
If what I heard is correct, Ford is responding by just ending this program of including the FCSP with ERs starting with the 2024 model year. So they're just really running out the clock on this. Changing anything at this point has very little ROI for Ford.
Sponsored