• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford service on these recalls/customer programs is absolutely atrocious.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
If they have Ford branding, it doesn't matter if they're independent, a franchise network, or personally owned by Jim Farley himself. If forward is licensing their image this is their problem.

You wouldn't forgive McDonalds for a bad experience "because it's not really McDonalds it's just an independent franchise owner"
I love these arguments.

Please show where I "forgave" Ford. I merely pointed out that this is a dealer issue, not Ford, and that dealers are independent and they not all the same.

If you don't like the service, and you don't want to try other dealers, then sell the truck.

I can't tell you the last time I ate fast food, but if I had a bad experience at a McDonald's I would bring it to the attention of the company, and not go to that location again.
Sponsored

tommyb

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Sorry to those who are experiencing poor service, just not cool at all. So far I've been lucky. Bought my 23 Lariat ER from Salinas Valley Ford, and anytime I needed to take it in I confirmed over the phone what was needed with service advisor and they had needed items ready. I just moved up to the North SF Bay Area, so to handle some of the recent recall and other advisories, I called Hansel Ford in Petaluma. Spoke with a service advisor who said he'd get the parts and then call me to bring in the truck. Hoping it works out well to get this work done without hassle.

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
I had to deal with the service department a lot with my first Lightning and I always had the underlying feeling that the service department didn't like EVs and then eventually the service manager straight up said so during one of the conversations I was having with him.

I don't know if they're resistant to change, undertrained, tired of dealing with the recalls and lack of parts or a combination of everything.

roadhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Please show where I "forgave" Ford. I merely pointed out that this is a dealer issue, not Ford, and that dealers are independent and they not all the same.
Understood, and I get your point. I never said you forgave them. I definitely read the first line of your post as "don't blame FMC, this is an independent dealer problem" though.

For most people (i.e. the people on this forum excluded), there is no distinction between a Ford Motor Company dealer and an Independent Dealer "Ford of Fansville" - they bought a Ford from the biggest dealer in town. It's in Ford's best interest to have a consistent, high-quality customer experience and they absolutely have the ability to do that (whether that mechanism works or not is a different story, and one I think we all know the answer to!).

Rwidman

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Ford F150 Limited
Wow, reading through this thread and now knowing that I am not alone in this problem. I reached out to my dealer after receiving one recall and four CSP's and scheduled an appointment, after they looked up all of the same info based on the VIN. Waited six days for the appointment and my truck at the dealer all day, I received it back with nothing done. They too told me that they had to have my truck to order the parts (would they not be able to research that based on the VIN?). Said they would call me back in 3 to 5 days. Been over a week and have not heard from them yet.

Same thing I bought this truck for business purposes and find it very difficult to go without it, and they will not provide a loaner. As everyone else is saying very frustrating when you spend over 6 figures on a truck. No communication and lack of customer care.

Funny (not funny) Story: I asked why they did not do any of the updates when they had the truck and the service manager said that they wanted to do it all at once because it would not take that long. When I asked how long they would need the truck when I take it back, he said one to two days pending on the updates because if the update stalls in the middle of the upload then they have to start all over.

Sponsored

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
They too told me that they had to have my truck to order the parts
This is 100% the service department doing what is good for them and not what is good for customers. If they cared about customer service, they would make the appointment, order the parts, and call you the night before they need to do the work so you can drop it off in the morning. But they don't want to own any delays if you can't make it in for a couple days. They don't want to hold inventory for any longer than necessary. So they keep the truck parked on site so they can jump on it 100% on their schedule.

Give me a service center that respects customer's time and they will make a customer for life out of me.

Tclark5

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
I first contacted my dealer 5 weeks ago about the light bar and the steering wheel heater as well as the battery module software. I was told that the parts are backordered but they'll order them for me and will contact me when they come in. Every week I have been calling and asking for a status as I see other forum members getting their trucks repaired within a week here.

After no change in status I finally called Ford and they connected me with a different person at the dealer who said they actually need to inspect the truck light bar and steering wheel to figure out what module is needed, as apparently there are 3 different modules. They wont take my word for it that the light bar strobes like you're at an EDM concert. They want 1-2 full days without the truck to inspect the light bar and check the steering wheel module. WTF. No rental reimbursement available from Ford...

I can't go without my truck 1-2 days just to inspect it, let alone now the additional wait to order parts and then another xx days to actually do the install. This is horrible customer service for what is a $90K vehicle. You go to any of the german brands or even Tesla with your $90K vehicle in service and you drive out of there in a dealer service loaner or a rental, guaranteed. This is super disappointing from Ford.

Has anyone had a similar experience and have any suggestion for me?
Hello,
Just adding my experience at my dealer. Got the letter from ford about the recalls, called my local dealer to set up service, was next day! Took in, was informed it would more than a day. They provide a brand new F150 XLT Ice, with nine miles on it. Also mentioned I would like the wandering Blue Cruise update I read about here. Got back 2nd day, they replaced the wiper motor, dash mat to prevent liquids from getting into dash, also rear light bar, and Blue Cruise update for the lane wandering. Geting my lightning back made me appreciate it over a gas truck. My truck rides so much better! Tested out the Blue Cruise, no more wondering! Thanks to the forum!

stickyfingers

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
@Ford Motor Company Yonge Steeles Ford & Lincoln, Yorkdale Ford are 2 dealership have been horrible to deal with. YSFL has had my truck to calibrate my cameras since Oct 19th and they told me it may be done potentially by Nov 17th. They stated they don't have experienced people that can work on hybrid vehicles - lol - my truck is electric and they sell them. SMH

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Update on my service work:

The Good:

1. The dealer updated the battery software successfully.
  2. They installed my heated steering wheel module and activated the soft switch - it works great.
  3. The new dash mat was installed and basically is a new mat with raised sides to catch any spills that could happen.

The Bad:

1. They attempted to replace the rear lightbar and said the clips holding it are very fragile and 2 broke while they were attempting to remove. Since they only had two clips in stock they replaced what broke and stopped trying to replace it until they got additional clips which they special ordered.
  2. When they worked on the heated steering wheel module I received notifications in FordPass for driver airbag warnings. I assumed these were due to them removing wire harnesses to install the heating module and not unexpected. But when I left with the car I saw the airbag light was still on for the drivers side. I called them and brought it back in today and they gave me a rental in case they cannot resolve it over the weekend.

I was kind of disappointed the tech did not see these before they took the truck out saying it was done. The error indicates a ground fault with the drivers airbag stage 1 and 2 systems controlled by the Restraint Control Module (RCM). I am hoping they just did not plug in the airbag harness properly and they just need to reseat it. But - that’s a rather important safety item for them not not notice was showing a fault.

I will let you all know what they find.

@Ford Motor Company

cal

First Name
Cal
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning, Tesla Model S Plaid
Occupation
retired
Just had the BECM inspection/software update, dash mat replacement, and light bar replacement done at Vancouver Ford (WA). They offered pick up and return delivery service. They only needed the truck for a day. This appt was set up about 3 weeks ago and they ordered parts ahead of time. So easy!!!! I am retired so I didn't need a loaner but I realize some folks would need a replacement vehicle. The driver said they offer this service for all Ford vehicles and that Ford does have mobile vans for service. I thought Tesla was the only car company with mobile service. Very nice!

Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I first contacted my dealer 5 weeks ago about the light bar and the steering wheel heater as well as the battery module software. I was told that the parts are backordered but they'll order them for me and will contact me when they come in. Every week I have been calling and asking for a status as I see other forum members getting their trucks repaired within a week here.

After no change in status I finally called Ford and they connected me with a different person at the dealer who said they actually need to inspect the truck light bar and steering wheel to figure out what module is needed, as apparently there are 3 different modules. They wont take my word for it that the light bar strobes like you're at an EDM concert. They want 1-2 full days without the truck to inspect the light bar and check the steering wheel module. WTF. No rental reimbursement available from Ford...

I can't go without my truck 1-2 days just to inspect it, let alone now the additional wait to order parts and then another xx days to actually do the install. This is horrible customer service for what is a $90K vehicle. You go to any of the german brands or even Tesla with your $90K vehicle in service and you drive out of there in a dealer service loaner or a rental, guaranteed. This is super disappointing from Ford.

Has anyone had a similar experience and have any suggestion for me?
I feel your pain, Ive been through it several times. Some advice given to me by a new dealer I just moved to. Say you are waiting, this speeds up the process.

German Brands are luxury brands, it comes with the price of their vehicles. This is a Ford Truck, even though you paid a good coin, there is never an expectation for rentals.

As far as Tesla, Tesla issues Uber credits, they no longer give you a loaner.

The biggest difference is Tesla will drive to you and fix your stuff in the driveway.

kstype

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Senior Systems Engineer
Update on my service work:

The Good:

1. The dealer updated the battery software successfully.
  2. They installed my heated steering wheel module and activated the soft switch - it works great.
  3. The new dash mat was installed and basically is a new mat with raised sides to catch any spills that could happen.

The Bad:

1. They attempted to replace the rear lightbar and said the clips holding it are very fragile and 2 broke while they were attempting to remove. Since they only had two clips in stock they replaced what broke and stopped trying to replace it until they got additional clips which they special ordered.
  2. When they worked on the heated steering wheel module I received notifications in FordPass for driver airbag warnings. I assumed these were due to them removing wire harnesses to install the heating module and not unexpected. But when I left with the car I saw the airbag light was still on for the drivers side. I called them and brought it back in today and they gave me a rental in case they cannot resolve it over the weekend.

I was kind of disappointed the tech did not see these before they took the truck out saying it was done. The error indicates a ground fault with the drivers airbag stage 1 and 2 systems controlled by the Restraint Control Module (RCM). I am hoping they just did not plug in the airbag harness properly and they just need to reseat it. But - that’s a rather important safety item for them not not notice was showing a fault.

I will let you all know what they find.

@Ford Motor Company
Update 1:
The dealer called to advise that they had their master technician working on the truck now. He’s going to work later tonight to see if they can resolve the airbag codes. It’s not clear now if the module for the heated steering wheel is problematic and causing this fault they are in the middle of tracing wires and harnesses, so they want to keep it over the weekend and continue working on Monday if needed.

idahospud

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lighting, Indian Roadmaster
Occupation
Commercial Real Estate
Lithia Ford in Boise seems to have had their act together as well. They ordered all the parts in advance and scheduled me during a period when a loaner truck was available. That appointment is coming up soon - I hope the remaining process is as smooth.
Just a follow-up on my original response. I took my truck in for the recall and CSP work on Monday morning. Lithia gave me a 2023 F150 loaner (1200 miles) to use while they performed the work. Everything was completed (and mud flaps installed)and I picked it up today. I did NOT require a battery module replacement but did get the battery energy control module software update.

Puffoluffagus

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat ER
Not a dissimilar experience at my dealer. They have loaner vehicles at least. So I scheduled my appointment a month and half out so that I could reserve the loaner.

When I dropped it off, I was hopeful that they would you know order the parts in advance and repair it sooner. When I dropped it off, obviously they are going to have to order parts. I offered to let them order and drop my truck off on a different date for repair, but nope. So who knows when I'll get the truck back.

In the meantime I do have a comparable 23 lariat f 150. But the ride is definitely not as smooth as the lightning. I'm not looking forward to paying for gas either in the interim.

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
Not a dissimilar experience at my dealer. They have loaner vehicles at least. So I scheduled my appointment a month and half out so that I could reserve the loaner.

When I dropped it off, I was hopeful that they would you know order the parts in advance and repair it sooner. When I dropped it off, obviously they are going to have to order parts. I offered to let them order and drop my truck off on a different date for repair, but nope. So who knows when I'll get the truck back.

In the meantime I do have a comparable 23 lariat f 150. But the ride is definitely not as smooth as the lightning. I'm not looking forward to paying for gas either in the interim.
Consistent poor service and the same for me - 16 days in to do the light bar recall & 3/4 CSP's - they claim the last one needs a prelude fix part for the failing phone charger - then do the CSP - part is on back order by Ford - battery related too so makes things risky.
Sponsored