First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat SR Black 8/21/23 blend
Occupation
Builder
Loving my Lariat so far. But there seems to be a weird audio phenomenon that I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be this way, or if it’s a problem. It’s 2 things actually and they might be related.

1. When in CarPlay, if the phone rings, the sound comes out of all the speakers—as if it were music. When I answer the phone, the audio seems to come out of 1 horrible speaker in the dash area. It sounds like an old transistor radio. It’s awful-sounding.
  2. When Siri transcribes a text message, it also comes out of the awful-sounding speaker and half the time has static.
Can anyone chime in to say how their phone audio is? I’m trying to see if this normal. I’m hoping it’s not normal because I use my truck as a mobile office and was hoping phone conversations would sound good. As as it is now, it’s pretty unacceptable. The B&O system is just ok. I test drove an XLT and the sound system in the Lariat is not much better sadly.
Sponsored

OP
OP

designthis

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat SR Black 8/21/23 blend
Occupation
Builder
Loving my Lariat so far. But there seems to be a weird audio phenomenon that I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be this way, or if it’s a problem. It’s 2 things actually and they might be related.

1. When in CarPlay, if the phone rings, the sound comes out of all the speakers—as if it were music. When I answer the phone, the audio seems to come out of 1 horrible speaker in the dash area. It sounds like an old transistor radio. It’s awful-sounding.
  2. When Siri transcribes a text, it also comes out of the awful-sounding speaker and half the time has static.
Can anyone chime in to say how their phone audio is? I’m trying to see if this normal. I’m hoping it’s not normal because I use my truck as a mobile office and was hoping phone conversations would sound good. As as it is now, it’s pretty unacceptable. The B&O system is just ok. I text drove an XLT and the sound system in the Lariat is not much better sadly.

AmandaB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat ER - Red
Mines not great. Sounds staticy. I think it's a software issue. It used to be better than it is now. I'm hoping a OTA update will fix it one day soon.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

2. When Siri transcribes a text message, it also comes out of the awful-sounding speaker and half the time has static.
Can anyone chime in to say how their phone audio is? I’m trying to see if this normal. I’m hoping it’s not normal because I use my truck as a mobile office and was hoping phone conversations would sound good. As as it is now, it’s pretty unacceptable. The B&O system is just ok. I test drove an XLT and the sound system in the Lariat is not much better sadly.
Hey, David! I can take a closer look into your Lariat audio concerns if you'd like. Could you please send us a PM with your VIN and the dealership name/location? To send a private message, just click on our username and select "Start Conversation".

Arrington.LCA

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Similar issue with static when Siri is announcing callers or when confirming who I'm calling before dialing. Fore the most part music streams great, but there are weird drops and pauses infrequently for a fraction of a second.

lipnorth

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford 150 Lightning Lariat
I also have sometimes a staticky connection when I first connect. It usually works itself out after a few seconds or minute. it happens when Siri is speaking map directions.

But I also have issues with CarPlay audio cutting out and having to reset the connection in my iPhone.

I am also having problems with the rear speakers being much quieter than the front speakers. There is a big volume difference. I’ve even had Speakers stopped working for a period of time.
Sponsored