• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Wireless CarPlay intermittently has no sound

WhiteYeti

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
I have had this issue for a very long time and found a fix somewhere. I didn’t see it posted here, but a reset on the sync system fixes the issue. You press and hold (until the screen goes black) the bottom left and bottom right button on the steering wheel controls. It will reboot the sync system and everything starts working again.
Sponsored

OP
OP
G-Zeus

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I have had this issue for a very long time and found a fix somewhere. I didn’t see it posted here, but a reset on the sync system fixes the issue. You press and hold (until the screen goes black) the bottom left and bottom right button on the steering wheel controls. It will reboot the sync system and everything starts working again.
Yes, until it doesn’t. (Been there, done that many times)

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I’ve been dealing with this for a long time. Probably almost a year now. It happens maybe 10-20% of the time I get in the truck. I go to the “phone list” and toggle between Bluetooth and CarPlay. That solves it 100% of the time. It’s an annoyance but not the end of the world.

OP
OP
G-Zeus

G-Zeus

First Name
Garth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat SR
I’ve been dealing with this for a long time. Probably almost a year now. It happens maybe 10-20% of the time I get in the truck. I go to the “phone list” and toggle between Bluetooth and CarPlay. That solves it 100% of the time. It’s an annoyance but not the end of the world.
Yes we have grown accustomed to going to the phone list, toggling off CarPlay and turning it back on. And when my son is in the front seat, he just resorts to plugging in since he’s always holding his phone anyway.
Sponsored