invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
can you share some pics here ?
No need to post screen caps, just click the link. It's fully functional in your web browser. Best experience is on your mobile device since I formatted it for that screen size. There is no tracking or server side to this, it's all JS and HTML. The only cookie I use is to save a couple things you set, like the size of your battery, but that saves it on your browser, it doesn't communicate back to any server.

https://lightningcalcs.pages.dev/

OP
OP
invertedspear

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Sweet! Thanks and yes, owe you a ā˜•!!
I appreciate it, but I'm also arguing with the buymeacoffee people. So please don't even try currently. They say I'm violating their TOS, but I have no idea how.

OP
OP
invertedspear

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Hey folks, I've been arguing with buymeacoffee for like 2 months now, and the resolution was that they cancelled my account and any donations have now been refunded. The closest thing I got to a reason was, and I will quote the rep here: "the website does not look satisfactory but the traffic is from the website and there were no socials attached." So they don't like how my simple tool looks, and either the fact that I don't link to any social media accounts that I don't have is somehow one of the terms of using their service or it was a good thing I didn't link to social media accounts, not sure how to read that part. Despite the fact that they legitimately could track that people got to my donation page via that tool, I'm still somehow breaking their TOS.

So, thank you to all of you that tried to donate to me. You should see that the donation was refunded, or never taken out. I've updated my page to link to my ko-fi account now. If anyone is still feeling gracious please visit my ko-fi page via https://lightningcalcs.pages.dev/. It's actually a better platform anyway as it doesn't lock me down to specific amounts unless I want it to.

I'm dealing with some life event stuff at the moment, but I still intend to add another major feature in the short term, and in the long term I'm hoping to teach myself how to make this an app, and hopefully one I can get running on AA and Carplay.

Thank you!

Sponsored

HHI-Lightning

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s possible to integrate average speed miles/kWh into the tool?

For example, when highway driving at 65 mph, I typically see 2.1 mile/kWh while at 75 that will drop down to 1.9, etc.

If avg speed data could be stored locally in a cookie (probably start with some crowd sourced data but then needs to be able to be personalized to my driving results) that could be powerful.

Then the app could shift from a generic miles/kwh over to ā€œWhatā€™s my anticipated average speedā€ for my next drive, which would be much more useful for many of the ā€œnon-geekā€ drivers

OP
OP
invertedspear

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s possible to integrate average speed miles/kWh into the tool?

For example, when highway driving at 65 mph, I typically see 2.1 mile/kWh while at 75 that will drop down to 1.9, etc.

If avg speed data could be stored locally in a cookie (probably start with some crowd sourced data but then needs to be able to be personalized to my driving results) that could be powerful.

Then the app could shift from a generic miles/kwh over to ā€œWhatā€™s my anticipated average speedā€ for my next drive, which would be much more useful for many of the ā€œnon-geekā€ drivers
I dig this, When I turn this into an actual phone app, I'll see what kind of data I can get out of the CarPlay/Android Auto connection.

Unfortunately, I've effectively been working 2 jobs for awhile and that's not likely to change till the winter. So this project has been a bit on pause.
Sponsored