First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
With everyone getting the A2Z, what are you guys going to do with it when the Ford adapter arrives? I thought about this long and hard before ordering this and I told myself that I'd sell it somehow.

What's your plan with the extra adapter?
I used mine this weekend for a trip from Phoenix to Laughlin, then Vegas, then back to Phoenix. Charged 4 times in total. Quartzsite supercharger is AWESOME. Laughlin is problematic with most stations ICE’d. White Hills and Kingman were great.
I bought this one because I also have an Audi etron and although it probably wont get access until next year, I don’t expect Audi to send a free adapter. I’ll use it with my Lightning until my free one gets here in May.
Unlike others comments, my A2Z adapter seems to lock itself onto the Telsa connector more or less automatically when I give it a good firm push in. I haven’t had to fight with the slider yet.
Sponsored

monsterlag

First Name
AJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y Performance
My adaptor finally shipped. Hopefully it’s delivered before the Solar Eclipse road trip.

Rlevans

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat F-150 Lightning
For those that received your adapter, did A2Z send you a shipping confirmation email ?
I placed order March 15 and hadn’t heard anything so called them yesterday and the guy said it was shipping that day, but I haven’t gotten a confirmation and their site still says “order unfulfilled”.
Getting a little nervous since I’ve got a family road trip coming up in May and could really use the adapter.

FrankieG889D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23’ Lariat ER, 22 Mach-E GT
I just ordered last night.

I’ve had an order from Lectron that’s supposed to have shipped by now according to them - I feel like they’re just stringing me along so I don’t cancel the order.

If my A2Z here before theirs, Lectron will get a “nice” e-mail from me.

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
For those that received your adapter, did A2Z send you a shipping confirmation email ?
Yes, they sent a shipping email with UPS tracking #.

Order on 3/7/2024, shipped email on 3/28/2024, arrived on 4/2/2024.

Sponsored

ThomasNC

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Government
I just ordered last night.

I’ve had an order from Lectron that’s supposed to have shipped by now according to them - I feel like they’re just stringing me along so I don’t cancel the order.

If my A2Z here before theirs, Lectron will get a “nice” e-mail from me.
I have no doubt that it will. I just sent Lectron an email requesting a refund noting that the delays and dishonesty were unacceptable. I'm number 213 from Ford so at this point I will just wait.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I can’t wait until August for the Ford one, I just ordered mine. I have four trips I would miss out on using Super Chargers if I waited. I’ll keep both.

mrau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat⚡ER, VW ID4
Used the A2Z adapter at Tesla Supercharger and it worked great.

At first I tried the Plug & Charge route and it did not work. Not surprised. Although I have Plug & Charge activated on the Ford Pass app for Tesla stations, the truck itself has not received the Tesla update. So you must need both updated (truck and Ford Pass) for Plug & Charge to work.

When I tried again using the Tesla app to start the charge, it all went as it should.

Ford F-150 Lightning I got it 🙌 [A2Z adapter], have you? IMG_2585.PNG

Dave70

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning
Has anyone with the tight fitting nacs to adapter connection tried a thin coating of silicone dieelectric grease on the inside of the adapter? I read elsewhere that this worked for some people on various adapters.

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat F150L + 2023 MME
Occupation
Networking Tech
I placed order March 15 and hadn’t heard anything so called them yesterday and the guy said it was shipping that day, but I haven’t gotten a confirmation and their site still says “order unfulfilled”.
Getting a little nervous since I’ve got a family road trip coming up in May and could really use the adapter.
Yes email sent plus it popped up on MY UPS app as well.

I paid the $15 extra for overnight delivery and UPS delivered!

So happy!

Just finished charging at nearby work Tesla SC using the membership discount.

Ford F-150 Lightning I got it 🙌 [A2Z adapter], have you? Screenshot 2024-04-04 at 4.03.39 PM

Sponsored

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
Has anyone with the tight fitting nacs to adapter connection tried a thin coating of silicone dieelectric grease on the inside of the adapter? I read elsewhere that this worked for some people on various adapters.
The NACS end is fine - it's that pesky slide lock that gives me an issue.
I put some WD-40 on it and is now working well.

gatorsmiles

First Name
Juddson
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150
I ordered 3/3 and received it 4/2.

I tried at a local supercharger and it was not able to charge. My lock switch was easy to engage I tried initiating through ford pass and Tesla app but it would not work—indicator ring went red

The next day I went to a different supercharger and had two failed attempt (one via ford pass and one via Tesla app). In the third try it started chargng after initiating via ford pass. Had a great charging session.

Today I went back to the original supercharger and tried five different chargers and could not get it to start charging.

I just lent the adapter to a friend with a lightning going on a road trip so will be interested to see if he has a better experience.

I’m wondering if there is a problem with my lightning or if the problem is with the adapter. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!

Ford F-150 Lightning I got it 🙌 [A2Z adapter], have you? IMG_1311
Ford F-150 Lightning I got it 🙌 [A2Z adapter], have you? IMG_1313

Dishnet

First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Lighting
Occupation
Retired
Order mine 2/24 ,will I get is a run around, they only send canned message

metroshot

First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Networking Tech
I ordered 3/3 and received it 4/2.

I tried at a local supercharger and it was not able to charge. My lock switch was easy to engage I tried initiating through ford pass and Tesla app but it would not work—indicator ring went red

The next day I went to a different supercharger and had two failed attempt (one via ford pass and one via Tesla app). In the third try it started chargng after initiating via ford pass. Had a great charging session.

Today I went back to the original supercharger and tried five different chargers and could not get it to start charging.

I just lent the adapter to a friend with a lightning going on a road trip so will be interested to see if he has a better experience.

I’m wondering if there is a problem with my lightning or if the problem is with the adapter. Any thoughts or comments would be appreciated!

IMG_1311.jpeg
IMG_1313.jpeg
The slide lock is not fully engaged.

This is common with the adapters.

Put some WD40 on the slide and the locking portion to the Tesla end.

Binski

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla S
At least you got yours! I am still waiting to A2Z to get back to me on my lost shipment. Hopefully they just ship a new one.
I have little trust inUPS. The UPS driver tried to deliver 2 new IPhones but the boxes were empty. In all fairness he suggested that we don’t accept the shipment. This also happened years ago with an expensive item. The other issue is that there is no way to complain to UPS, I tried. Eventually Verizon did agree that the phone were stolen, but a lot of bureaucracy involved.
Sponsored