Sponsored

csukoh78

First Name
Nope
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat ER
Good looking truck but I worry that you just killed your efficiency. Lifting the front end of any F150 can have a 10–20% range loss. Lifting my ICE dropped my mpg from 21->17.
Hopefully since the lightning is flat on the bottom it won't be that much but increasing the turbulence under the bottom greatly increases drag. Most of the guys that have leveled the front report a significant efficiency loss due to worse aerodynamics.

best of luck and let us know how it goes

OP
OP

jaimeoleal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Good looking truck but I worry that you just killed your efficiency. Lifting the front end of any F150 can have a 10–20% range loss. Lifting my ICE dropped my mpg from 21->17.
Hopefully since the lightning is flat on the bottom it won't be that much but increasing the turbulence under the bottom greatly increases drag. Most of the guys that have leveled the front report a significant efficiency loss due to worse aerodynamics.

best of luck and let us know how it goes
At this point, doing this investment one should know.. and I knew.. you are right it takes a hit, Im cool with it though, love how it looks, I wanted to share for people that wanted to see how it looks, hope it helps somebody you know, thanks for the comment!

JRT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I think it is cool, but my range is never better then 2.1 m/kWh for an empty max of 275 miles ,but realistically I'm not going much past 200 miles. But if I'm not fast charging on road trips past 80, my range to 0 is 220 miles. I'm probably going to spend time to 90% from now on to be honest. What is your m/KWh now with these changes?

Sponsored
OP
OP

jaimeoleal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I think it is cool, but my range is never better then 2.1 m/kWh for an empty max of 275 miles ,but realistically I'm not going much past 200 miles. But if I'm not fast charging on road trips past 80, my range to 0 is 220 miles. I'm probably going to spend time to 90% from now on to be honest. What is your m/KWh now with these changes?
Your usage is very similar to mine.. I agree with you and right now I do 1.8kw/hr mostly but i have not done any longer than 50 miles distances yet, i want to test out on a scenario like that and check out what that looks like

N87

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 FL
Occupation
Engineer
Cool looking truck! Something I consider doing in the near future too.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Looks awesome!

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrek… hehe
Occupation
Developer
Just wanted to share my setup on my new lightning, no rub whatsover or any other but but the leveling kit.

691E80C1-6FB0-440C-B093-F015265D202A_1_102_o.jpeg

BC5DB60C-1A50-4BA8-915E-000A4A1A681F_1_102_o.jpg
Has anyone tried if a 275/65 will fit without a level. I’d take the Rivian all terrain pirellis in a heart beat if I knew they fit.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jaimeoleal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Has anyone tried if a 275/65 will fit without a level. I’d take the Rivian all terrain pirellis in a heart beat if I knew they fit.
I actually just ordered Nokian Outpost nAT which a lkot of rivians are praising above their stock pirellis, they are appearantly made for EVs, I will post some photos here once i switch, I did go with 35s on that too.

On your first question my brother has 275s/65 on his lightning withouth a level and they fit with no problem, thats for KO2s though.

Shawnson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lartiat ER, Model 3 LR, Crosstrek… hehe
Occupation
Developer
I actually just ordered Nokian Outpost nAT which a lkot of rivians are praising above their stock pirellis, they are appearantly made for EVs, I will post some photos here once i switch, I did go with 35s on that too.

On your first question my brother has 275s/65 on his lightning withouth a level and they fit with no problem, thats for KO2s though.
Thanks!!

OP
OP

jaimeoleal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Update here to show the Nokians, they are supposed to be more EV oriented, they are a smoother ride and same noise level as ko2, testing the efficiency and will report back
Ford F-150 Lightning 2" inch Readylift kit with KO2 35x12.50 tires on factory 20" wheels - Lightning Lariat ER IMG_3716
Ford F-150 Lightning 2" inch Readylift kit with KO2 35x12.50 tires on factory 20" wheels - Lightning Lariat ER IMG_3718
Sponsored