• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Buc-eeโ€™s Smith Grove KY - No EV Chargers!?

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
This site just opened today and while reviewing their site information I found it does not mention EV Charging.

They are renowned for having multiple charging stations at most, if not all other newer locations.

If anyone out there has any insight into the Buc-ee world maybe you could fill us in. Or if someone has the opportunity to stop in any information would be appreciated.
Sponsored

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
Well, as of 2023 it looks like it was planned to be, yeah. Now that Elon has fired the whole Supercharger construction management organization in a fit of pique... who knows?

BriRi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
They will have them but won't get them right away.... the new Bucee's in Hillsboro TX opened in April without chargers as well. They have an area that appears to have electric panel and conduit in place so that they don't have to dig when they install.... I keep checking but no sign of impending install as of last week.

Almost all new Bucee's get Tesla AND MB chargers

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
They will have them but won't get them right away.... the new Bucee's in Hillsboro TX opened in April without chargers as well. They have an area that appears to have electric panel and conduit in place so that they don't have to dig when they install.... I keep checking but no sign of impending install as of last week.

Almost all new Bucee's get Tesla AND MB chargers
That seems to be the way Tesla is operating. They rebuilt a Sheetz near me and put in a solar canopy with all of the conduit and pads in place. The Sheetz opened a couple of months ago and they just started installing the posts and cabinets a couple of weeks ago.

Sponsored
OP
OP
The Weatherman

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
That seems to be the way Tesla is operating. They rebuilt a Sheetz near me and put in a solar canopy with all of the conduit and pads in place. The Sheetz opened a couple of months ago and they just started installing the posts and cabinets a couple of weeks ago.
I bet youโ€™re both right. The place opened today, but I bet they didnโ€™t get the installation of chargers completed due to the Elon action within the SuperCharger group.

So there is hope.

BriRi

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum, 2021 Bronco Badlands
I know that its fashionable to bash Elon right now but the Bucee's in Hillsboro was finished well before the firings occurred. I'll bet the financing and construction punch lists have to sign off before anyone else is allowed to build on these sites.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
most new Buccee's don't get Superchargers and Mercedes CHargepoint or other third party chargers until well after opening... it's not their 'opening' priority...
Sponsored