• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Best Dash mounting solution (by Rubigrid) !!

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Hey All,
I have been waiting for this company to finish developing this dash mount for a while. Just got it in and installed. It’s great! All metal system using AMPS mounting protocol and ball mounts. Everything is carbon or metal! It can be used to solidly mount everything from phones to gps to dash cams to radar. If you’re needing a dash system. This is the one!!

IMG_6294.jpeg

IMG_6296.jpeg

IMG_6295.jpeg
I think Ford is going to have trouble installing your new catch all rubber mat :ROFLMAO:
Sponsored

Peddyr

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford Lightning Lariat SR
"Requires removal of rubber dash mat (not reused) along with the use of double sided tape and 10 self-tapping screws in the plastic dash tray to properly secure the dash mount.

From there, secure the AMPS ball anywhere along the RubiGrid® platform followed by attaching the mounting arm and device holder to create your customized command center.

All necessary hardware is included with the exception of a drill."

All of that to mount my phone? I think I'm good with the magnetic one I bought off Amazon for $20, but I can see the appeal if you work out of your truck all day and need to mount more than one device.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yikes!

And $107!

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 Escalade, 2018 Tesla Model 3
The installation appears to involve double stick tape and self tappers... Not ideal.
Agreed. Still not positive about the tape. Perhaps to help hold it in proper position for the screws? I’m not a fan of putting holes in the dash but
I think Ford is going to have trouble installing your new catch all rubber mat :ROFLMAO:
Doubt they are going to hand over a new one but hey. If i have that much liquid dripping into my
Dash, I likely have bigger problems to worry about 🤷🏻‍♂️

Reactions: GDN

invertedspear

Threads
Reaction score
Website
lightningcalcs.pages.dev
Vehicles
Antimatter Blue XLT (312A) ER, 2004 Jeep TJ
This is my setup and I love the way it looks and functions.

IMG_3257.jpeg

IMG_3256.jpeg

https://a.co/d/dn5r2sm
https://a.co/d/dvcd3vp
I like this, but adhesives don't do well in Phoenix summers when the cabin temp can get over 150F when parked in the sun. I have had car-baked cookies before :) I really want something that takes advantage of the spot where you have trailer brakes. I don't have the tow-tech, so I have what I guess is a coin tray(?) there. I would love to see some accessories or mounts take advantage of that and either clamp to it, or replace it.

Sponsored
OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I like this, but adhesives don't do well in Phoenix summers when the cabin temp can get over 150F when parked in the sun. I have had car-baked cookies before :) I really want something that takes advantage of the spot where you have trailer brakes. I don't have the tow-tech, so I have what I guess is a coin tray(?) there. I would love to see some accessories or mounts take advantage of that and either clamp to it, or replace it.
That’s the hard part. I live in AZ as well and any adhesive just won’t cut it. I do t like suction cups on the windshield but even had one of those turn to jelly from the heat. Having to put holes in the dash is a hard one. 😬

jmc6020

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
My previous Lightning had the coin tray and I got this of of Etsy to achieve a similar setup and it worked great.
Ford F-150 Lightning Best Dash mounting solution (by Rubigrid) !! Screenshot 2023-11-20 at 2.28.48 PM

https://www.etsy.com/listing/1156079283/

Gonzales34

First Name
Altar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
Hey All,
I have been waiting for this company to finish developing this dash mount for a while. Just got it in and installed. It’s great! All metal system using AMPS mounting protocol and ball mounts. Everything is carbon or metal! It can be used to solidly mount everything from phones to gps to dash cams to radar. If you’re needing a dash system. This is the one!!

IMG_6294.jpeg

IMG_6296.jpeg

IMG_6295.jpeg
How hard was the installation. Go you need to remove the cover for the speaker and any other panels ?

Topher

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 F-150 Lightning XLT
Here is mine, Amazon sell same one but for some reason the clip on didn’t stay. This one I ordered from China since it was cheap and took the chance on it. Haven’t fall off and it’s wireless charging. Does not obstruct anything and if need be the ventilator can be tilt up to hit the phone incase it get overheated from charging.

IMG_9174.jpeg
Where did you get this one? I like how it mounts so cleanly.

Sponsored

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $12.50 50% Off | Fit For Ford F-150 F150 2021 2022 Car Dashboard Mount Cell Phone Adjustable Smartphone Holder Phone
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mNFIPrA

Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out! $11.31 50% Off | 15W Car Magnetic Wireless Charger for iPhone 13 12 14 Pro Max Wireless Charging Car Charger Phone Holder Tesla HYUNDAI CITROEN
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mM4lDHE

Keptrim for 2021 2022 Ford F150, Phone Holder Air Vent Cell Phone Mount, for iPhone 11 pro/11 pro max/XS/XR/X/8/7 Galaxy Moto and Most Smartphones https://a.co/d/g5W6lyB

I’m sure you can find cheaper for the wireless charging to swap out but at the time I got the one more expensive.

I think it’s the same Amazon and aliexpress but I returned Amazon because the mount won’t stay for some odd reason like the one I got from aliexpress.

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Only need to take the rubber pad off. No other panels or parts to remove

OP
OP
AZT9

AZT9

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

HaroldCal

First Name
Harold
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2x F150L MY2023 (1 Plat, 1 Lariat)
Occupation
IT
The BuiltRite version of this doesn't require drilling self-tappers, IIRC. Unfortunately, they don't have a version for Lariat/Platinum's with the 15" screen yet. THat's the one I've been waiting for.

Runaway Tractor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes
I'm bouncing between this and the offroam vent clamp. @AZT9 Bulletpoint doesn't seem to have the instructions posted on the website. Do you have any pictures or insight into this this 10 different screws drilling into the dash? Is it just lots of screws into the plastic top of the dash under the rubber mat? Is that the 7cm arm?
Sponsored