• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

PTS/FDRS VIN Check Thread

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
The GWM update is the first I have requiring a USB drive. How long should the GWM generally take?
They are quick. Just follow the FDRS instructions and also the instructions on the touchscreen. APIM, GWM, TCU and IPC will all require the USB. The APIM files are 6GB's and can take a long time to download. Just name the USB drive something short like ford or sync and freshly format it to exFAT between every update you do.

Edit: It is common for people to have to switch to a different USB if the updates don't take.
Sponsored

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
They are quick. Just follow the FDRS instructions and also the instructions on the touchscreen. APIM, GWM, TCU and IPC will all require the USB. The APIM files are 6GB's and can take a long time to download. Just name the USB drive something short like ford or sync and freshly format it to exFAT between every update you do.
The GWM update has been performing the update via USB for about 15 mins. I was just wanting to make sure I don't have an issue with it reading the USB drive or anything.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
The GWM update has been performing the update via USB for about 15 mins. I was just wanting to make sure I don't have an issue with it reading the USB drive or anything.
Does it actually say it is updating or is nothing displayed on the screen?

Sponsored

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If it says updating, leave the USB in there.
Yeah. Makes sense. I just don't know how long it should actually take. I have heard it is quick (as you also said) but it does seem like out is taking while here on my end.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Yeah. Makes sense. I just don't know how long it should actually take. I have heard it is quick (as you also said) but it does seem like out is taking while here on my end.
If it has been this long already, what I would do is turn off bluetooth/wifi on your phone, turn off the truck, leave the driver door open and take the phone and keys 30 feet away from the truck. Wait 10 minutes and restart the truck and wait another 5-10 minutes to see if the update took or if it tries to install the update again. Just do not remove the USB until you see a message on the screen saying it is ok to do so.

dustintinsley

First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
If it has been this long already, what I would do is turn off bluetooth/wifi on your phone, turn off the truck, leave the driver door open and take the phone and keys 30 feet away from the truck. Wait 10 minutes and restart the truck and wait another 5-10 minutes to see if the update took or if it tries to install the update again. Just do not remove the USB until you see a message on the screen saying it is ok to do so.
It finally finished! Sending you a message though.

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
After 31 days of it being in the service department, I went and picked my truck back up. Nothing was done, no updates were applied, and apparently there is still a GVMS warning that they haven't been able to solve.
So based on what they've said, it sounds like I'm stuck on my existing software with no way of getting future updates until someone can figure out the GVMS errors. However, since I'm not leaving it at the shop any longer, I don't know if anyone will be trying to solve the problem.
Still no solution at all.
I might breakdown and buy a mongoose to see if I can do it myself.
@rugedraw, since the dealer was getting errors when they tried to update my software, would it even be worth trying to do it myself?

nhlightning

First Name
GJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning XLT, 2023 Tesla Model Y LR AWD
I sent a pm to have you look at my VIN. I've tried about everything to get the software to update.

Sponsored
OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
Still no solution at all.
I might breakdown and buy a mongoose to see if I can do it myself.
@rugedraw, since the dealer was getting errors when they tried to update my software, would it even be worth trying to do it myself?
I sent a pm to have you look at my VIN. I've tried about everything to get the software to update.
Was on vacation. @jhawkbear I am sure if you had a Mongoose, I am sure that one way or another, we can update it. There is not much that can be done about the GVMS warnings, but I'm sure the truck can be updated.

@nhlightning Responded to your PM.

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Was on vacation. @jhawkbear I am sure if you had a Mongoose, I am sure that one way or another, we can update it. There is not much that can be done about the GVMS warnings, but I'm sure the truck can be updated.
I went for it and got a mongoose. It’s been going very very well.
I have the battery percentage on the dash now. And I still have some more updates to go, but I had to call it a day because it’s getting too hot out there. (It’s not even noon yet and it’s 95°).
I’ll start back up in the morning and keep the updates flowing.
I really appreciate your help on everything. It’s keeping me sane.

OP
OP

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Auto Sales
I went for it and got a mongoose. It’s been going very very well.
I have the battery percentage on the dash now. And I still have some more updates to go, but I had to call it a day because it’s getting too hot out there. (It’s not even noon yet and it’s 95°).
I’ll start back up in the morning and keep the updates flowing.
I really appreciate your help on everything. It’s keeping me sane.
If you get to sync 23159 and not showing any more updates, message me to see if we can help get you all the way updated.

jhawkbear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
If you get to sync 23159 and not showing any more updates, message me to see if we can help get you all the way updated.
I’ve been able to upgrade to sync 23291 so far.
There’s another APIM update waiting for me, which I’ll do tomorrow morning, and maybe it will unlock more updates. I’ll have to wait and see.
And there is a BCM update, which I can’t do since you need some other login.
But overall, this has gone super smooth. It’s all about patience.

ThePeoplesChamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning LER
Hello, can someone check to see if there any updates worth paying the 2 day license of FDRS? Thank you.

VIN: 1FT6W1EV8PWG60670
Sponsored