• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Running board lights not working on one side only?

joer1220

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Lightning Designer
I noticed my passenger side running board light isn't turning on when the drivers side does. I saw a post where someone said this happened and the cable was just unplugged underneath the vehicle. As far as I can tell this is not the case for me. Has anyone experienced this? Its LED so the light can't burn out.
Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I have not experienced the issue, but LED bulbs do indeed fail. LED bulbs include sensitive electronic components subject to damage by heat, moisture and vibration. The Ford Extended Service Plan offers coverage for LED failures.

OP
OP

joer1220

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning XLT
Occupation
Lightning Designer
Perhaps I should try plugging the passenger side into the drivers side to see if its the light or the supply

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
If you have a multimeter, you can check for voltage on the supply side of the connector. You should have 12 volts DC across the conductors when the driver side LED's are illuminated.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
I noticed my passenger side running board light isn't turning on when the drivers side does. I saw a post where someone said this happened and the cable was just unplugged underneath the vehicle. As far as I can tell this is not the case for me. Has anyone experienced this? Its LED so the light can't burn out.
Good morning, Joe. If you are still experiencing this running board light concern, go ahead and privately message us with your VIN and dealer info so I can look into this on my end. Thank you.
Sponsored